MSELECT is looking to hire a Head Credit Controller for an FMCG distribution client in Baghdad. Candidates must have at least 5 years experience in a similar position in the FMCG sector. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Scope of Work
Overseeing the collection of customer accounts in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and loyalty. As such, a Credit Controller must be able to communicate in an efficient yet friendly manner with customers, as well as the broader accounts receivable team while reporting to the CFO.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively and accurately administering and controlling all allocated debtors’ records.
- Accurately reconciling all debtors accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date system of records for all debtor related matters.
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Reprinting invoices and credits notes and ensure delivery to the customers.
- Arrange for timeous preparation and collection of cheques from our customers.
- Ensuring accurate and detailed receipts of payments are sent to our customers in due time.
- Administering credit checks from credit applications received.
- Open accounts on the Sales Buzz system.
- Follow up and attending to outstanding claims and queries.
- Administering handovers and claims relating to bad debt and follow up on these debits with commercial team
- Ensure the successful implementation of the company’s credit policy with the assistance of the Commercial and Finance Department.
- Ensure ongoing payments from clients in accordance with company’s policy and contract terms and agreed credit policy with each client.
- Help to set up the credit control system and suggests points for improvement.
- Coordinate monitor and control clients’ receipts in accordance with the control schedule.
- Monitor past due invoices by phone, email and letters within the agreed time limits.
- Prepare a vendor and a dealer control program and monitor the results of the audits.
- Coordinate the account opening for new clients and evaluates the request for credit for final approval from the financial management.
- Propose to write off debts that cannot be recovered.
- Liaise with the company’s lawyers to prepare/send letters to clients who do not follow the company’s credit policy.
- Responsible for overseeing a clearing of a dealer or seller leaving the Company.
- In the case of non-payment or late payments, he/she is responsible for stopping supplies and taking measures to recover the debt.
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers as per set targets
- Perform regular visits to clients for collection of outstanding payments.
- Provide daily updates and weekly reports on debt collection
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, business administration or related fields, qualification in Credit Control/Management would be advantageous
- Candidate must have 5 years in a similar position
- Attention to detail
- Good decision making.
- Strong record of problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent numeric skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate on all levels across the department
- Excellent Excel skills
- prepared to work flexible hours and sometimes out of normal office hours
- Proven track record in Credit Control
- A good administrative track record
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process