MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling and Workover HSE Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have minimum 8 years experience in related activities and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
The HSE Supervisor require to manages rig facility safety operations by ensuring approved company health, safety, and environmental systems and programs are implemented, practiced and maintained.
Facilities must also be in compliance with all applicable company, national and international health, safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Complies with Company’s LND, implemented in the Entity, Entity’s LND, regulating the employee’s and contractor’s field of activities (within own competency)
- Conduct site HSE audits and inspections on facilities, permit to work, Waste Management, Industrial Hygiene etc.;
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HSE programs in the field.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards to ensure compliance.
- Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
- Review and follow-up a Site HSE Plan for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the site HSE plan for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions
- Ensure contractor equipment is inspected and certified upon arrival on location;
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors and safety advisors.
- Participate and assist the drilling supervisors, Senior HSE manager and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Review HSE obligations of the Company and Contractors and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Drilling supervisor, Senior HSE Manager and Safety Advisors.
- Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Coordinate a regular meeting with project team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
- Ensure contractor personnel have all required training and certifications and received the site safety induction;
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of medical facility, H2S equipment, emergency response contacts, etc. are maintained and current.
- Taking a leading role in Emergency response drills and Emergency situation;
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly reporting is completed to a high standard, collated and reported in the approved formats;
- Review and monitor contractor’s environmental and waste management plan and ensure it follows company standards set in EIA.
- Participate and play a leading role in promoting core value safety culture;
- In required for business purposes – fulfills other assignments from the Supervisors (within own competency).
- Observes and follow the Internal Code of Conduct, established within Entity.
- Ensures preservation of commercial and business secrets and other confidential information about Entity’s operations and its customers.
- Interaction and operational work with other technical departments and company specialists.
- Following organizational measures for the successful implementation of the HSE program, including the achievement of the Project HSE KPI.
- Fulfillment of instructions and instructions of the management as part of their duties.
- Interaction with company HSE department division for HSE related queries.
Qualitative impact indicators
- Actual volumetric/measurable indicators, characterizing the scope of immediate impact at this position level.
- HSE Audits and Inspections
- Ensure HSE Audits and inspection conducted as per Company procedures
- HSE Support
- Support the Senior HSE Manager and team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the project objectives are met.
- Field Reporting Quality and timeline of field reports preparation
- Internal: all structural divisions of company in Erbil branch (Production, Drilling, G&G, HSE, Security, CSR and etc.). Moscow office if required.
- External: Project Contractors, local authorities if required.
Regulation of activities
- Legislative and other regulatory acts of the countries of the Middle East, industry standards and rules for industrial safety, labor and environmental protection, international.
- Professional standards related to oil and gas industry both in the Russian Federation and internationally, e.g.:
- Other international Oil and Gas Operators HSE standards, procedures and best practice (OGP, API, OPITO, etc.).
- Minimum - Bachelor degree or Diploma in Engineering related Technical field.
- Nebosh Diploma or IGC is advantageous;
- Knowledge of applicable local and international health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations.
- Experience in HSE disciplines to a drilling, completion and workover environment;
- Experience working in sour field.
- Promptness in work;
- Positive attitude.
- Good physical condition
- English language
- Kurdish language
- Minimum 8-year Health and Safety field experience;
- Minimum 3 year of supervisory experience in related activities.
- Adequate field operations experience as a field drilling HSE and/or supervisor is required
- Training and experience in incident investigations.
- Training and experience in Emergency Response.
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project and etc.).
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process