MSELECT is looking to hire a Human Resources Officer for one of it's retail and distribution sector clients in Erbil. The main scope of this role is to coordinate the Human Resources activities and personnel of the entities of the company and prepare the payrolls. Minimum of 3 years of experience is required with fluency in English and Kurdish or Arabic is plus.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training - including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Interpersonal, planning and communication skills.
- Experience in organizational management is desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the HR field.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish or Arabic is a plus.