MSELECT is looking to hire a Welding Inspector for one of it's local Oil & Gas clients in Duhok. The ideal candidate must be certified with 3 to 5 years of experience along with fluency in English language.
- Inspects joints for hidden cracks and pits, using magnaflux machine and ultrasonic testing equipment.
- Performs stress tests on joint, using stress testing equipment, or prepares sample for stress testing, and reviews results.
- Verifies alignment and dimensions of product and setup of machines and fixtures used for work in progress.
- Observes techniques and performance of welders in shop or at construction site.
- Marks defective pieces and recommends scrapping or methods for reworking.
- Records inspection data.
- Analyzes x-ray photographs of welded joints.
- May weld, test, and inspect metal samples to determine most effective welding process and technique and be designated Performance-Test Inspector.
- Welding Inspector (CWI) certification is a requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanics or equivalent.
- Excellent handling of English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge of quality standards and practices.
- Knowledge in equipment manufacturing practices and manufacturing schedules.
- Reading P&IDs, manufacturing drawings and technical specifications.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas welding inspection.