Mselect is looking for a Control Room Operator for one of its Oil & Gas clients in Kurdistan with below details:
Operate DCS, electrical/instrumentation, fire and gas ESD systems from the control room for the oil and gas production facility with high H2S, reporting to the chief operator. Communicate with the facility operators and perform necessary tasks safely and efficiently to maintain production.
- Start up, operate, monitor and shutdown all production and utility equipment for the production facility.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize the process within operating parameters via the control room.
- Maintain precise communication with facility operators and maintenance personnel at all times.
- Record daily production data and readings.
- Maintain daily logs for all activities.
- Coordinate activities with maintenance personnel and shift work teams.
- Ensure safe operation for H2S environment and EHS policies are maintained.
- Administering the permit to work system.
- Qualifications, Licenses and Certifications including H2S certification.
- Technical diploma or equivalent experience.
- 7 years oil and gas production experience including 3 years facility experience and 2 years control room experience.
- Must be able to speak and read English in order to review technical manuals and P&ID drawings.
- Broad knowledge of oil and gas facility operations with H2S.
- Extensive knowledge of DCS, ESD and fire and gas systems operation.
- Ability to maintain H2S certification, fit test and lead all safe work including permit to work system.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Skills in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to read drawings and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to make complex operating decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of Windows based personal computers.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
- Has valid driver’s license.