Mselect is looking to hire a Deputy Maintenance Manager for one of it's major local industrial leaders in the Kurdistan region. The main scope of the work is to ensure that power plant mechanical, electrical, and control & instrument equipment is maintained in an efficient operating condition. Minimum of 8 years of power plant combined cycle experience is required with fluency in Kurdish and English languages.
- Oversee the activities of maintenance personnel in performing maintenance and repair activities in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company policies, procedures and the station maintenance manual and technical specifications.
- Implement the plant's preventive and predictive maintenance program, including equipment failure records, and provide trend information to the Plant Manager.
- Coordinate maintenance project activities by scheduling work, monitoring performance and providing technical expertise and direction to ensure that work is performed in a safe, timely and productive manner.
- Determine project maintenance requirements by following preventive and predictive maintenance programs and reviewing, evaluating, and prioritizing maintenance work requests in order to establish job steps, estimate man-hours, and specify part and equipment needs.
- Provide maintenance training for the operating shift technicians by presenting instruction on job-related skills and proper equipment repair procedures. Ensure that safety is built into each job assigned and that work is performed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Coordinate maintenance work interfaces with other project departments to accomplish repairs in a timely and safe manner.
- Prepare and maintain various reports and records that are required to verify the completion of project maintenance work and provide historical information for future maintenance planning.
- Recommend and implement improvements, which will maximize the efficiency of maintenance work and reduce future maintenance requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to employees in the preparation of maintenance work requests.
- Determine project maintenance requirements by helping implement the preventive maintenance programs, evaluating maintenance work requests and coordinate manpower needs, work prioritization, parts procurement and equipment scheduled outages.
- Participate in the maintenance of the project operating and maintenance manuals, technical references, prints and diagrams and preventive/predictive maintenance records.
- Assist with the location, screening and hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in combined cycle and I&C.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- Fluency in Kurdish and English is required.