MSELECT is looking to hire an Instrument Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Sulaymaniyah. Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry. English and Kurdish fluency is a must.
Scope of Work
Executes all instrument planned and corrective maintenance on installations in accordance with both local and industry standards. Undertakes Loop checks and performs calibration and strong knowledge off PLC controllers and its related appurtenances in accordance with operational procedures. Troubleshoots and fault finding on instrumentation equipment/systems and on instrumentation and controls. Assists in undertaking planned and corrective maintenance activities. Provides input in creating and reviewing maintenance procedures, job plans and work instructions. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor – Instrumentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to technical Governmental and Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensures all lifesaving, firefighting and emergency systems are well maintain and are ready for immediate use.
- Conversant and compliant with the Company’s Integrated Management System
- Understands, implements and supports company’s maintenance strategy and philosophy.
- Administers maintenance programs using SAP software programs and in close coordination with the maintenance planning and scheduling processes.
- Adheres to, implements and maintains full control of the company’s Permit to Work system.
- Participates in Task Risk Assessments, incident investigations, safety meetings, toolbox meetings, emergency response exercises/drills.
- Acts as a team player in the multifunctional operations and maintenance team.
- Maintain proper housekeeping.
- Develops cross-discipline multi-tasking within Production Operations and Maintenance group activities.
- Troubleshoots Instrument and related problems both independently and in liaison with vendor specialists.
- Assists and guide third party inspections and E-repair services.
- Participates in the Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting.
- Contributes to development and implementation of procedures and work instructions for the completion of I-related tasks.
Verification and Calibration
- Checks the functionality of equipment and measuring instruments and test the instrument for calibration in
accord with allowable limits and standards.
Repair of Equipment
- Dismantles, repairs, resembles, inspects and tests equipment that has been repaired as requested.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor – Instrumentation on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Instrumentation and process control Technical institute level educated
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- At least 5 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry. Be in the possession of any necessary certification to operate calibration and PLC equipment
Special Requirements and Conditions
- Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions and able to climb ladders and staircases to elevated work platforms to monitor/repair process equipment
- Additional Safety training is required, depending on the actual position of the I-technician within the emergency response teams. This could include First Aid, Man Down, High Angle Rescue, Fire Team Member/Leader
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge sharing
- Time management
- Stress tolerance
- Able to take swift and sound decisions in case of emergencies in order to assure that the safety of crew is not jeopardized.
- High team spirit awareness
- Self-starter, flexible, initiative, positive approach to all aspects of work
- Problem solving
- Ability to integrate across functions and ability to learn
- Sound understanding of Maintenance/Operations as it relates to the safe & efficient production of natural gas
- Sound computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems (such as SAP) and Integrity (risk based) maintenance procedures
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve E/I- problems.
- Total Loss Management training requirements
- Full awareness of emergency response plans
- High cost efficiency awareness level
- Working knowledge of Natural Gas Production Gas Processing and associated Utility Systems
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process