MSELECT is hiring a Junior Accountant for an international legal firm in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum 2 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Post and process outgoing payments/journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded (for all branches of Iraq offices).
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Update staff advances and perform reconciliations
- Monitor daily cash balances and determine cash requirements needed to cover payments.
- Prepare a monthly forecast in beginning of every month depending on the magnitude of operations to manage funds for the upcoming month.
- Verify the payable invoices/ paperwork with the operations team before posting in the system.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with any other accounting projects and ad hoc reports whenever required.
- Cash inventory on weekly basis
- Assist with review of data in hand and write reports of any variances with the budget, assist in finalization of accounts with senior accountant.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in finance
- +2 years of experience
- Team Work
- Communication Skills
- English language
- ERP (SAP) system is required
- Computer skills (Microsoft office)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process