MSELECT is looking to hire an Operation Manager for an international hospitality group in Baghdad, candidate must have 3-5 years experience in the same position with restaurants and hospitality sector, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned
restaurants. Key responsibility areas include team performance, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls and development, training and retention of key employees. The Operations Manager is responsible to work actively to ensure the restaurants & cafes day to day operations,
financials and team progress.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all the restaurants operate efficiently and effectively within the company financial and operational guidelines, develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls
- Ensure all safety and security systems are followed to ensure the health and safety of the employees and guests.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the restaurants and the staff accommodation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures.
- Develop training programs for all the team, manage staff performance appraisal `
- Coordinate with the purchase department/suppliers to ensure timely delivery. Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to in respect of various restaurants licenses and staff health checks etc.
- Respond to guest comments and criticism in a positive manner and encourage restaurant managers, outlet in charge and staff to act in a similar way.
- Helping out in any area and any unit when circumstances dictate.
- Ensure employees receive timely and meaningful performance reviews.
- Orient all new hires - Train, Motivate, Counsel and Discipline employees as necessary.
- Develop employees for supervisory and management roles. Review internal promotions and succession plans with Higher Management.
- Analyze monthly operating statements and determine reasons for variances.
- Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and P&L performance by ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Oversee all restaurants administrative requirements including cash handling and other reports that need to be submitted to the Head Office in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all employee files and ensure that all documentation is complete within personnel files.
- Coordinate miscellaneous projects as needed or as directed by the Management.
- Responsible for overall daily logistics and administration process.
- Any other adhoc duties as directed by Management
Qualification and skills requirement
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality Management
- 3-5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Prior professional experience in restaurant management.
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Must be self motivated and have a passion for teaching others.
- Expert in time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays