MSELECT is hiring an Equipment Supervisor for a construction client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in general construction. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
A mechanical engineer should be able to understand mechanical mobile, mechanical and electronical part of heavy trucks and equipment to do well in this role, preferred to have background at mechanical engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Understand mechanical function of concrete plant equipment, including mixer, concrete pump, loader dump truck …etc.
- Attend to concrete plant, on daily basis.
- Perform daily inspection procedure.
- Supervising maintenance procedure
- Establishing network contact with specialist mechanical for emergency call and repairing conditions.
- Manage and monitor driver’s performance.
- Ensure that drivers and operators are cleaning and washing trucks on daily basis.
- Conduct concrete plant regular inspection for detecting mechanical and electrical issues, if any.
- Improve the plant operation efficiency, by having proper maintenance supervision.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited school. Or diploma degree at mechanical, or proof related experience.
- Good command of Microsoft Office programs and basic ACAD knowledge.
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers.
- Excellent communications skills
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in general construction
- Experience in supervising heavy equipment.
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary.
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazard
- Full–time, Saturday to Thursday, 08:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. with possibilities of overtime working.
Integrity and Ethics – Do the right thing
- Makes decisions and acts with the Company’s long-term interest in mind.
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on the company’s changing needs.
- Balances the company’s needs with those of others including the client, the team, etc.
- Manages with profitability in mind.
Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concern in all area’s involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands.
- Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Leverages own strengths and demonstrates understanding of weaknesses to contribute to a project most effectively.
- Knows when to coordinate and when to follow.
Demonstrates a Sense of Urgency
- Sets high expectations and achieves them regardless of the barriers.
- Demonstrates a passion for one’s work - enjoys working hard and is full of energy.
- Acts with an insatiable need to get things done - can be counted on to get things done on time and with excellent quality and results.
- Pays attention to the details to make sure the job gets done right.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process