MSELECT is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer for a construction client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
An electrical engineer should be able to implement complex industrial, commercial, and domestical electrical systems. To do well in this role you should be licensed professional engineer and have extensive experience an electrical engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Assisting Electrical Engineer Chief, to redesign, supervise, coordinate and instruct project team.
- Providing suggestion and ideas to the supervisor to design, implement or improve electrical equipment, products, or system for industrial, commercial, or domestic purposes.
- Ensuring the installation and operation conform to standard and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems, technical drawings.
- Establishing, manufacturing or installation standers or specification by performing a wide range of detailed calculations
- Working with a variety of technicians
- Review project engineering drawings, schedules, and project materials
- Studying the scope and propose improvements,
- Monitor and follow execution of works at Project sites.
- Check and control the electrical works progress according to project time schedule ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Inspecting the materials coming to the construction site and having their proper mounting done.
- Construction technical support including installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and testing at job site as required bases.
- Preparing project documents such as progress, QC reports and reporting to the Electrical chief.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited school.
- Licensed as a professional engineer.
- Experience in using or a desire to learn required software.
- Proficient in design and calculation software.
- Good command of Microsoft Office programs and basic ACAD knowledge
- Full–time, Saturday to Thursday, 08:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. with possibilities of overtime working.
Integrity and Ethics – Do the right thing
- Makes decisions and acts with the Company’s long-term interest in mind.
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on the company’s changing needs.
- Balances the company’s needs with those of others including the client, the team, etc.
- Manages with profitability in mind.
Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concern in all area’s involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands.
- Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Leverages own strengths and demonstrates understanding of weaknesses to contribute to a project most effectively.
- Knows when to coordinate and when to follow.
Demonstrates a Sense of Urgency
- Sets high expectations and achieves them regardless of the barriers.
- Demonstrates a passion for one’s work - enjoys working hard and is full of energy.
- Acts with an insatiable need to get things done - can be counted on to get things done on time and with excellent quality and results.
- Pays attention to the details to make sure the job gets done right.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process