MSELECT is hiring a Senior Design Architect for an agriculture client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 6 years’ experience as an architect and be fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
A Senior Design Architect is responsible for checking submitted architectural layouts, inspecting specification of finishing materials, supervising contractors works, and attending site, on daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Reviewing submitted architectural drawings and provide solution if need
- Reviewing the details drawings and coordinate with engineer department for any change or having any technical drawing conflict.
- Ensuring all plans are compliant with governmental health and safety regulation.
- Attend to the site, on daily basis, to check the implemented works, and compare with architectural drawings.
- Inspect the conflict of architectural drawings’ elements with other engineering drawings, work with engineering department to have common solutions.
- Supervise contractor performance and report for poor implementation and poor materials.
- Review and the submitted specification of finishing materials, recommend the feasible and practicable material, if necessary.
- Assist in preparing scope of design service.
- Recommend and present different material option of project related elements, including exterior and interiors.
- Review all design documentation prepared and ensure that it is correct to a high degree of accuracy, suitable for construction and in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation and complies with all the requirements.
- Undertake technical investigations and prepare reports on a range of architectural design projects.
- Research, prepare and implement effective policies in areas relevant to the Design Division.
- Undertake inspections of submitted architectural design layouts.
- Provide assistance to other Engineering design staff as required to achieve within the team a sense of harmony, effective teamwork, highly motivated staff and a strong customer focus.
- Undertake post construction reviews and recommend areas of improvement.
- Participate in various design review meetings with engineering department.
- Helping the engineering department to select the right design scenario for all building related parts, including material type, design style, master plan, circulation, sizing and position master plan components…..etc.
- Participating in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Providing guidance to subcontractors like builders, plumbers, and electricians, and helping them interpret design specification.
- Liaising with clients to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Ensuring the team work together to achieve set goals and targets.
- Acting as a mentor to new architects and helping them fine tune their design skills and improve their industry knowledge.
- Networking and consulting with various industry professional.
- Select in-budget materials and finishes that support the concepts.
- Bring great, fresh ideas to the team that are project appropriate.
- Act with professional level of conduct and behavior at all times.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering design, or similar.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as an architect. Preferable to have site supervision experience.
- A good portfolio.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Brilliant interpersonal and networking skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly analytic.
- In-depth understanding of CAD and auto CAD software.
- Dealing-driven and dedicated excellence.
- 8 am – 17:00 pm, Saturday to Thursday. With possibility of overtime working.
Integrity and Ethics – Do the right thing
- Makes decisions and acts with the Company’s long-term interest in mind.
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on the company’s changing needs.
- Balances the company’s needs with those of others including the client, the team, etc.
- Manages with profitability in mind.
Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concern in all area’s involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands.
- Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Leverages own strengths and demonstrates understanding of weaknesses to contribute to a project most effectively.
- Knows when to coordinate and when to follow.
Demonstrates a Sense of Urgency
- Sets high expectations and achieves them regardless of the barriers.
- Demonstrates a passion for one’s work - enjoys working hard and is full of energy.
- Acts with an insatiable need to get things done - can be counted on to get things done on time and with excellent quality and results.
- Pays attention to the details to make sure the job gets done right.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process