MSELECT is looking to hire a 2G Optimization Engineer with minimum of 4 to 8 years of experience for one of our international Telecom clients to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
- Dimensioning the RAN network (number of channel elements, Node-Bs, RNCs) according to the coverage, capacity and quality requirements from the operator.
- Analysing site performance after integration through drive test measurements and/or OSS measurements, detecting eventual problems and recommending changes to fixing those problems.
- Attend neighbourhood board meetings and zoning hearings to address questions regarding radio sites.
- Daily monitoring Key Performance Indicator of network based on hourly/daily counters.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing of network, change parameters in order to improve the KPI.
- Assisting with production of weekly network status reporting to customer and senior management.
- Prepare the Radio Network evolution proposals and compare this with network projections and guidelines.
- Serve as a lead resource for coverage, capacity, and performance activities.
- Provide capacity planning and growth strategies and lead the application of RF principles to performance activities.
- Identifying clusters and routes for Drive or use by Drive Test Technicians.
- Prepare and submit plans for BTS operating above set threshold for respective zone.
- Bachelors in Engineering/Technology (Electronics & Communication).
- 4-8 years of versatile experience in Optimization of Radio Networks.
- Deep understanding of latest technological trends in Radio Network, including GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA.
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.