MSELECT is looking to hire an Inspection Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in In-service inspection and Shutdown inspection activities in Oil & Gas fields and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
- Conduct internal, external, planned, unplanned and shutdown inspections and Maintenance work on all static equipment/facilities (columns, Separators, heat exchangers, Boilers, Pressure vessels, flares, Heaters, tanks, Valves and piping) and to compiles the written reports on its findings and recommendations puts in repair recommendations to user departments.
- Analyses the findings from the inspection activities, calculate corrosion rate, fix inspection frequency and issues comprehensive Inspection reports with recommendations including the action parties with target date.
- Register and inspection planning of all static equipment like Vessels, tanks, PSV, Piping, Pipeline and etc.
- Provide supports to implementation of RBI for new inspection frequencies.
- Ensures integrity of the facilities and the new facilities are updated in the register and inspection planning in place.
- Updates the inspection activity planning in coordination with Head of Inspection, Field Manager and Production Operations Manager
- Supervises of new works and modification on process facilities in terms of inspection and corrosion wise.
- Maintains and updates the documentation both electronic as well as hard copies related to inspection such as inspection reports, PSV calibration certificates, monitoring reports and ensures all historical data integrity.
- Carryout corrosion coupon retrieval, coupon weighing and corrosion rate calculation, cathodic protection operating parameters reading & status monitoring.
- Makes recommendation as per anomaly reports to improve and optimize Inspection tasks.
- Manages and optimizes Inspection and Corrosion spares stock (definition of min /max stock).
- Prepare scope of work or service for specific Inspection activities like Cathodic Protection, Intelligent Pigging, Long Range Ultrasonic Thickness (LRUT) and etc
- Evaluation and training of subordinates and Nationals
- Provide good technical support to subordinates and supervise their Job effectively.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Competencies, the sharing of experience and the technical know-how.
- Participates to Inspection and corrosion engineering of new projects request
- Ensures that inspection activities are performed as per plan in a cost-effective manner and in compliance with company HSE policies and rules.
- Ensure all required Inspection Procedures are prepared and approved periodically.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgy / Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience in In-service inspection and Shutdown inspection activities in Oil & Gas fields.
- Training and Certification in plant inspection (API 510, API 570 & API 653), Welding (AWS/CSWIP), NDT (ASNT level 2), Painting (NACE / BGAS-CSWIP) and etc.
- Experience in Corrosion monitoring and Cathodic Protection System in Oil & Gas field.
- Good knowledge of Metallurgy, Welding techniques, Corrosion, Corrosion monitoring, Painting and Coating, Cathodic Protection and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Familiar with international Codes and Standards like API, ASME, AWS, BS & BS / EN, NACE& etc
- Proficiency in M.S. Office, MAISY / EPICOR, SAP (CMMS) etc.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process