MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for an FMCG client in Baghdad, candidates must have a minimum of 3 year's experience in accounting. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Scope of work
Supervising day to day accounting and finance activities at their location and reviewing the activities at other locations and making surprise visits to locations to ensure accounting and finance activities are going in line with pre-set rules and regulations.
- Approving daily accounting activities at their locations like vouchers.
- Supervising daily cash movement at located area.
- Controlling safe of the allocated location, accepting deposits and making payments.
- Sending daily cash reports to Finance Manager
- Visiting the branches for surprise audits and cash counts.
At Main Office Only:
- Reviewing the cash book of branches on daily basis.
- Allocating the G.L to cash book from branches
- Updating the stock cards from the stock statement for all branches.
- Responsible for receiving the documents from the clearing agent and transporters and
- ensuring its completeness and accuracy
At Sight Location only:
- Reconciling daily the cash receipts with the receipt vouchers from sale.
- Reconciling daily the cash receipts with IT reports of collection.
- Bachelor degree in finance, business administration or related fields
- 3-5 years in this filed or in related
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Proven experience as a senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process