MSELECT is looking to hire a Health and Nutrition Facilitator for an international organization in Anbar, candidates must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/ programme management, monitoring and reporting. Fluency in Arabic and English is a must.
Scope of Work
The overall purpose of the new position is to lead organization’s health & nutrition emergency response in Anbar Governorate in addition to possibility of travelling to other governorates outside Anbar wherever needed.
Under the direct supervision of the center zone office chief and the technical support of the health & nutrition officer and health ico as well. health facilitator is responsible for follow up, monitoring and evaluation of health interventions to ensure the proper performance of the implemented works.
under the general supervision the designated organization’s professional officer, performs a variety of information collecting, monitoring, technical and administrative services in support of health &nutrition project/programme activities
Facilitators are expected to carry out a range of duties, as outlined below, to support organization’s work in monitoring projects and programmes in areas that are not accessible to organization’s staff. facilitators are identified among Iraqi citizens with specific experience and a thorough knowledge of the territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience
- Undertakes regular situation monitoring for Health & Nutrition programme based on specific requests, to assess the overall situation and any unmet needs in particular of women and children in these areas.
- Undertakes regular field visits to monitor projects/programmes. Field monitoring will focus on:
- Assessing project/programme implementation according to the Health & Nutrition RWP/GDP; PCA (Programme Cooperation Agreement) or SSFA (Small-Scale Funding Agreement), or corporate and service contracts;
- Verification of supplies delivered and works undertaken, including reported progress any delays and bottlenecks;
- Post-distribution monitoring of supplies to assess the beneficiaries’ views in terms of quality, timeliness and relevance of supplies delivered.
- Monitoring the overall performance of the Health & Nutrition project/programme implementation
- Reporting any actual or potential deviation from governorate implementation plans through a report following the required format, and at a frequency guided by the duration of the project.
- Verifies and validates data in progress reports prepared by implementing partners
- Performs due diligence for new partners as guided by supervisor, including filling out all required organization Iraq due diligence forms
- Communicates, coordinates and manages relationships, if required with implementing partners, in consultation with the respective organization Chief of Field Office or his/her delegate.
- Any other programme specific related task assigned by supervisor
- Immediately following any field visit, the facilitator produces a field trip report according to a standard format and submits the report to his/her supervisor, and if requested, the facilitator also provides immediate update to his/her supervisor by phone/email
- University degree in a field related to health & nutrition programme, At least B.Sc. degree in basic Sciences, B.Sc. in Medicine, B.Sc. degree in administration and economy or related specialty is an asset.
- At least three to five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/programme management, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data is an asset.
- Experience working in a humanitarian context is an asset.
- Experience working with UN or NGO programmes/projects is an asset.
- Fluency both verbal and written in English, Arabic is essential.
- Excellent negotiations skills with and administrative influence on the authorities/counterpart departments and partners.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
- Good report writing skills.
- Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners and counterparts at different levels.
- Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process