MSELECT is looking to hire an HR Officer for an industrial and distribution group in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
To assist the human resources manager in implementing sound HR policies and practices to attract, develop and retain employees to support client’s growth and to nurture a progressive and professional HR climate in the organization.
1. HR Policy and Procedure
- Provide professional advice and support to employees on HR issues in order to ensure that HR policies are properly applied and implemented and high standards in HR practice are achieved and maintained.
- Update and act as a custodian for the HR policy manual. Communicate any changes in the policy document (additions/deletions/other significant changes) to all employees.
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
- Recommend amendments/changes to the set policies/procedures in order to cover and abide with new laws and regulations.
- Solutions recommended & problems resolved efficiently.
- Changes in HR policy manual communicated to all staff in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compliance with operational procedures and instructions.
2. Manpower Planning & Budgets
- Preparing of Manpower requirements and budgets aligning with the department’s requirements.
- Assisting the departments to forecast their individual requirements based on existing manpower utilization reports.
- Submission of the plant overall manpower budget for approval.
3. Recruitment & Induction
- To Hire and fill in the Vacancies agreed with the respective departments who submit the Hiring request forms for them.
- To source suitable candidate CVs from recruitment agencies, online job portals and share with the department’s managers.
- To hold interview of shortlisted candidates and issue Job Offers singed by the HR Manager after the potential candidate is selected and confirmed by staff
- To process the Visa, LC and air ticket for joining of new employees.
- To conduct the joining formalities of New employees and induction of new employees with the concerned departments.
- Processing of Hiring request form for job Vacancies.
- Staff hiring forms for selected candidates.
- Issue of Job offers and on boarding of selected new employees.
- Issue employee access cards, medical insurance cards.
4. HR Administration
- Manages, executes, and controls of HR administration activities such as work application process (e.g. Medical, vacation, etc.), and benefits/welfare administration (medical insurance, employee leaves, worker insurance plan, loan, pension plan) that is in line with applicable policy and labor laws.
- Manages and controls the administration of all terminations – medical, death, disciplinary, resignation etc. & responsible for End of Service benefit calculation, employee file closing on separation to ensure exit management process & company property recovery is conducted smoothly.
- Timely processing of work visas / permits & issuance of employee joining / introduction letters.
- Accuracy of employee records maintained.
- Accuracy of information provided for end of service benefit calculation.
- Manages and address grievances at workplace and takes appropriate action after investigation of the incident
- Issue of Verbal, Written warnings as applicable.
- Action compliance with law
6. Information System
- Coordinate with the IT department, HR Manager and map the framework and business processes, review and gain agreement for HRIS procedures, which will steer and guide HR department administration.
- Implement and ensure consistency and equity in approach to the use of the HRIS so that the processes are conducted in an efficient and effective manner
- HRIS procedures are approved, communicated and implemented.
- Compliance with the approved HR system, policies and procedures.
7. Staff Documentation and Database
- Develop and maintain a staff information database in coordination with other relevant parties and assist management in decision making in the HR area by storing and retrieving staff information.
- Issue staff documentation and letters as and when required.
- Staff documents are prepared timely and accurately.
- Staff database is accurate and up-to-date.
8. Office Services
- Coordinate general office services through coordination with receptionist, tea boys, maintenance, stationeries, in order to avail such service on a timely and respective manner.
- Services are provided.
- Generate regular and special reports for the line manager that summarize and forecast activities and escalate critical issues to provide effective recommendations in meeting the key challenges.
- Up-to-date and effective reports provided
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent course.
- 3-5 years in preferably with a large similar environment.
- Knowledge of HR policies and operational processes.
- Knowledge of labor laws.
- Knowledge of HR trends and market practices.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Information seeking.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process