MSELECT is looking to hire a Camp Security Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector in South Iraq – Security Operations Management and be fluent in English.
- Security Section Head /Security Manager
The CSS provides support to the company Security Section Head (SSH), The Asset Manager and Security staff employed within his sphere of responsibility.
The CSS offers sound experience-based security advice and guidance to all employees, contractors and sub-contractors within his area of responsibility.
The CSS develops plans, Schedules and supervises the operations necessary for the protection and general security of all company Personnel (contractors and sub-contractors), assets, production facilities and drilling.
He works with other professionals, such as contracted security providers and outside agencies such as the OPF – SWAT – Iraqi Army and Border Protection Forces.
The CSS is responsible for all reporting schedules daily, weekly and monthly, in direct collaboration with the Head of Security.
Number of staffs supervised
- Direct response for all security related issues, available 24/7 by telephone and email.
- Supervision, Oversight, and development (and Contracted) security guards
- Maintenance of the Security Emergency Response Plan and all related contact details for outside agencies and the Joint Security Operations Centre (JSOC).
- Development and continual evaluation of Site Security Management Plans and Security SOPs.
- Governance of security procedures, ensuring they meet acceptable standards in compliance with the project Security Management Plan and the company Minimal Operational Security Standards (MOSS
- Training and development of company Watchmen in basic security procedures and company Standard Operating Procedures
- Audit / Inspection of subcontractor’s security standards to ensure that they meet the company MOSS
- Conduct performance assessments (KDs) of company Watchmen and Contracted Security Providers under his responsibility
- Maintenance of appropriate Security and Staff relationships, particularly with security contractors, maintaining a high level of cultural awareness between all key interfaces, Maintains Close effective communication and coordination between himself – Head of Security – Contracted Security Staff – Project Manager – Field Manager and camp bosses, reports to Head of Security.
- Oversight guidance and development of the company Security Advisors and Leads.
- Accurate Interpretation and maintenance of Security Plans – the company MOSS and Standard Operational Procedures including where necessary, writing and amending Security Management Plans and SOPs. (Ensuring that employed Procedures meet acceptable security standards).
- Conducts regular security drills to ensure base personnel react in appropriate manner during any security emergency
- Conducting ongoing Security Vulnerability Assessments of company Key locations and developing SOPs to mitigate risks as the situation dictates.
- Assess and suggests: Improvements to Security Standards and Plans.
- Manage the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that: Security objectives are achieved in line with company business objectives in a balanced manner aligned with the corporate security/HSSE Standards and Best Industry Practices.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of security Standards and Policies in line with HSSE best industry practices.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Head of Security
- Senior HSSE Manager
- Asset Manager
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All Key location managers and Key Business interfaces
- All key stakeholder interfaces, BOC, MOO, MOI
- ISF / BIP / OPF
- Contractor senior management (Contractor Management)
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on the company Operations planning activities are referred to the: Head of Security / Senior HSSE Manager.
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 Years Military Experience with Teeth Arm – Infantry NCO or Higher + Operational Experience Iraq/Afghanistan/ Bosnia /UN Operations
- Experience Auditing Security Operations
- 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector and 3 Years Minimum Experience in South Iraq – Security Operations Management.
- Must have Worked as PSD Team Leader in Iraq prior to managing security operations
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent understanding of related contracts
- Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.
- Thorough understanding of HSE processes and the practical implementation thereof.
- Operation Planning
- Strategic thinking
- Team building
- Team work
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem solving
- Change Management
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process