MSELECT is looking to hire a Finance Coordinator for an international energy services client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in finance roles. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The primary purpose of this role is to act as the main Finance resource to the Aviation fueling business. The role holder will work very closely with the Finance Manager in delivering and executing the Finance agenda, and to ensure coordinated delivery of high-quality support for this entity, ensuring alignment with company Finance tag and compliance of both company polices and local rules and regulations.
The role is responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in relevant aspects of the Finance agenda for aviation fueling business including providing timely and accurate reporting support to company Finance teams in line with the agreed timelines and requirements
The role holder will be the primary point of contact for the business particularly for day to day issues and will be responsible for resolving less complex issues and provide support to the Finance Manager through supporting the implementation of reporting, controls & compliance, processes, policies and procedures in alignment with JV and local requirements and working with Company finance team for relevant areas under the agreed mechanism as part of the overall service level.
The role holder will be required to support in Finance activities within the Aviation refueling.
- Support and provide timely analysis and shape of plan for aviation fueling business as per agreed timelines
- Support and provide timely and accurate reporting to Company finance team for monthly sales and costs as per the agreed format and timelines
- Support coordinating and sharing the timely cost and variances analysis and the drivers of these variances as per agreed timelines and formats
- Provide support to commercial team for pricing analysis and other ad-hoc tasks when requested
- Coordinate with Company finance team to ensure timely reconciliations and sign off on the monthly sales and collections
- Support the cost allocation process between business and providing support and reasons for aviation fueling business and seeking support on the allocation and aligning the same with all stakeholders
- Seek support from Company finance for complex and non-routine transactions for aviation fueling business
- Manage the shared costs and highlighted changes vs. the agreed amount to Company finance team before execution of the transfers
- Support and seek alignment on the fixed asset procurement and budgeting with Company finance team
- Update and align the working capital changes as per agreed timelines and DOA
- Ensure compliance of the agreed DOA for all aviation fueling business transactions
- Support and influence the controls and compliance agenda on ground in line agreements and plan an active role to support a robust control on ground
- Coordination with internal and external auditors, provide Company finance the audit report, details to support the annual audit and related matters
- Support in detailed and timely profit sharing and dividend distribution and act timely to inform the key stakeholders on the dividend projections, approval and distribution
- Support in providing assurance to Company for key accounts reconciliation and supplier and customer confirmations on the period end balances and highlight variances when it arises
- Responsible to timely inform the Company finance team in case of fraud or control breaks
- Continuously asses the key risks and highlight that to management and to Company Finance and work with stakeholders for maintaining risk register and mitigation plans
- Act as a system support for finance activities for aviation fueling business and coordinate with Company Finance and IT teams
- Support in timely tax and returns filing and supporting queries from tax team and authorities for aviation fueling business in leadership of the Finance Manager
HSSE Accountabilities – for all employees
- Report hazards and injuries to line manager
- Adhere to all policies and procedures aimed at protecting health and safety
- Use equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Respond to any reasonable instruction the line manager gives in relation to health and safety at work
- Ensure appropriate housekeeping and tidiness of work areas
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety through participation in formal and information discussions, workplace hazard inspections and audits where required
- Participate where required in the resolution of health and safety issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Finance or related study
- Professional qualification in Accounting/Finance.
Essential Experience and Job requirements
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Finance roles
- Sound knowledge of the Iraq company and tax Laws
- Solid understanding of Iraqi tax regulations
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong influencing skills to engage with, persuade and influence all levels of the organization with credibility and respect
- Strong Communication skills – oral & written
- Fluency in English language
- Ability to work towards agreed targets within minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to generate data to provide insights / assimilate data and information from a range of sources
- Ability to apply judgment and common sense- able to use insight and good judgement to inform actions taken and respond to situations as they arise.
- High level of motivation and energy with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Working knowledge in computer preferably Microsoft office applications
- Performance bias: Focuses efforts and prioritizes work to deliver business value
- Strong understanding of key finance processes and transaction flow
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.