MSELECT is looking to hire an HSSE & Training Supervisor for an international energy services client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Lead in the identification of emerging risks to safe working practices, ensuring compliance with the relevant safety policies and procedures, implements personal and process safety campaigns and initiatives to drive improvements in Safety Leadership Culture to focus on managing safety and reducing risk.
Ensure that Fueling Staff Competency Management process is established, implemented and well embedded.
- Handhold Implementation of JV HSSEMS Annual Plan from a Fuel Operations Perspective.
- Organize Monthly Safety Cum Operations Meetings, Fire Drills, Emergency Response Drills / Desktop Exercises in co-ordination with Fuel Operations Manager.
- Follow Up and Track till Closure Action Points arising from Safety Cum Operations Meetings, Near Miss / PIs, Safety Walks, Fire Drills, Training Sessions etc.
- Fine Tune and Improve Emergency Scenario Response Plans through Desktops / Drills.
- On a Continuous Basis Review JV HSSEMS against Industry / JIG benchmarks, identify Gaps and Scope for Improvements and Implement the same.
- Develop/update EHS Procedures and EHS parts of JV Fueling Operational procedures on a regular basis.
- Risk Assess JV Fueling Procedures and Task Breakdowns to identify potential Risks.
- Review Adequacy of Existing Safeguards and Mitigations for above Risks.
- Propose for Implementation additional Safeguards as found necessary, and follow up/monitor implementation/closure.
Safe Work Permit (SWP)
- Handhold Implementation of the JV Fueling SWP Process.
- Guide Issuing / Monitoring and Performing Authorities on Effective Implementation of SWP Procedures.
- Review Ongoing Site Activities to ensure that effective SWP controls are continuously practiced.
- Co-ordinate for Training of JV Fueling Employees as per Fueling Competency Management Procedure.
- Ensure that Permit Issuing and Monitoring Authorities undergo Refresher Training as per JV Fueling SWP Process Requirements.
- Co-ordinate with Fuel Operations Manager for Organizing / Scheduling Refresher Training Needs identified above.
- Provide basic EHS Training to JV Fueling staff.
- Carry our On-the-job Task Assessments and certify staff competency on ongoing basis.
- Maintain Staff Training Plan and Attendance Records as required by the Competency Management Procedure
- Ensure that Contractors Employed in JV Fueling Operations meet HSSE Requirements.
- Ensure that Contractor Staff undergo Safety Induction prior to start of work.
- Ensure that Safety Induction Refreshers are undergone by Contractor Staff at prescribed frequencies.
- Conduct tool box talks (and the like) if and where necessary.
- Develop and Maintain all HSSE Metrics.
- Generate Periodic Reports to meet JV Management / JIG Requirements.
- Update HSSE Metrics on JV Dashboard as per required frequencies.
- Review Leading Indicators to identify emerging risks and appropriate corrective / control measures.
Corrective and Preventive Action
- Participate in Review and Root Cause Identification of Incidents, Near Misses and Potential Incidents.
- Based on identified Causative / Root Causes, establish Effective Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Track, Follow Up and where necessary Guide Operational Staff in taking Close-out Actions.
- Maintain Records of all Incidents / Near Misses / PIs and associated Analysis and Closeout Actions.
- Participate Constructively to Creating a Continuous Improvement Culture in the JV Fueling Operations.
- Encourage Active Staff Participation in NM/PI Reporting and Suggesting Improvements.
- Play Central Role in Collating above Inputs, tracking them till closure and Reporting on Closeout Status at periodic intervals as decided by Fuel Operations Manager.
- Support Fuel Operations Manager in Risk Assessment of Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
Management of Change
- Key Support to Fuel Operations Manager on MOC for ongoing changes / improvements in Plant / Process and Personnel.
- Originate MOC Proposals.
- Co-ordinate for Review of the Change by different departments (Maintenance / Operations / Electrical etc.)
- Collate Actionables based on above review and Track till Closure.
- Maintain all MOC related Documentation
- Schedule and Carry Out Periodic Internal HSSE Audits.
- Co-ordinate for External HSSE audits as per company Requirements.
- Track till Closure all Audit Recommendations.
- Maintain all Internal and External Audit Reports and Closeout Records.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in any accredited safety course like NEBOSH, etc.
- Experience of at least 3 years in industry handling similar responsibilities, preferably in an aircraft fueling operation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Aviation Fueling Procedures.
- Proficiency in English as well as Arabic and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to operate Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Valid Iraqi driving license preferred.
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, forward thinking and proactive and be able to manage time and changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Flexible attitude to change.
- Ability to drive through policies and procedures and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be willing to travel to attend training courses, seminars etc.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.