MSELECT is looking to hire an E&I Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English and Kurdish.
E&I Team Leader
Electrical related knowledge to test, diagnose, maintain, repair and modify developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in facility. Work requires an in-depth knowledge of various trades. Performs a wide variety of electrical and electronic maintenance and service work on sophisticated electronic equipment, machines and/or controls. Diagnoses and remedies electrical troubles, repairs and replaces equipment. Installs, maintains, and/or repairs equipment.
- Determines malfunction of electrical system by visual inspection of equipment and Coordinate to workshop and site in?charge on day-to-day activities.
- Electricians also install electrical equipment such as, panel boards, synchronizing panel, lighting, alternators, and install electrically operated accessories.
- To carry out Testing, troubleshooting and calibration of Field Instruments like Transmitters, Gauges, Temperature Instruments, Control valves and package instruments like Fuel Gas Flow meter
- Carry out planning & scheduling of E&I maintenance works such as work procedures preparation, safety precautions, resource arrangement, spare parts and materials requirements for daily, periodical and shutdown maintenance works
- Familiar to test instruments and read circuit diagrams to find electrical faults, adjust engine control systems.
- Knows to test, recondition, and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors, and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries, and repair or replace faulty ignition systems, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps, and switches.
- Electrician ensures that his work is done in accordance with relevant codes and standards.
- Requires experience in electrical installation and maintenance work on plant electrical systems and equipment
- Proficient in PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Experienced with AC/DC drive motor operation, adjustment, and troubleshooting
- Testing and troubleshooting of all pressure equipment, rotating equipment, instrument and controls, electrical equipment.
- Requires a broad knowledge of controls and mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge of plant maintenance
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation or Diploma
- Min 3 years related industrial experience primarily in electrical systems, instrumentation and PLC’s. Also, some knowledge/experience in mechanical systems (pumps and valves, generators). Preferable experience in maintenance within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical or Power generation industry.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven commitment and HSE compliance.
- Must be available to work on off-shift hours, on a project or emergency basis.
- Other: (preferences) driver’s license
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Reliable, Flexible
- Ability to work in team
- Make positive contribution to day to day working
- Must be honest in his/her work
- Good communication
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process