Our major Oil and Gas client is looking for a Contract Engineer to support the establishment of contract management plans and the start up and execution of contracts. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in CP with Oil and Gas companies. The work will be on a rotation of 28/14 and based in Basra- Iraq.
- Compile wells ITTs and run tender process to meet demanding schedules.
- Coordinate with business and other functions response to clarifications.
- Commercial evaluation and presentation of commercial and technical findings to State owned Oil company.
- Interface to Basra wells and HSSE Team.
- Follow local Contracting procedures including the necessary interfaces to SOC and the presence in Iraq for bid openings, clarifications etc.
- Lead in the negotiations & evaluations of contractual claims including resolution of disputes.
- Provide advice on interpretation of contractual provisions within contracts.
- Maintain records within established records management system.
- Facilitate or lead in supplier reviews (BPRs) to achieve cost savings / value enhancements.
- Contribute to periodic reports and keep systems up-to-date.
- Support peers and coach junior team members to deliver on business and personal development targets.
- Flexibility to vary portfolio of work according to demand within CP wells.
- Work within Iraq and to the agreed process.
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of drilling/wells business is desirable.
- Ability to collaborate closely with well engineering staff.
- A degree level education or CIPS.
- Proven more than 5 years experience in CP in Oil and Gas.
- Strong & proven interpersonal, influencing & stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of professionals and managers.
- Ability to plan and execute work plans within tight time constraints is essential.
- Detailed understanding of legal principles and commercial/contract awareness of industry contracting practices.
- In the case of engineering qualification, experience in managing commercial aspects of contracts would be necessary.
- Experience in pre and post contract development and management.
- Good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) management principles and HSE regulations.
- Knowledge of Middle East is a preference.
- Fluency in English, Arabic is a plus.