MSELECT is looking for an Accountant AR for a consultancy client in Erbil to join a finance department, minimum 1-3 years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting is requested, fluency in English is a must.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Assist with month end closing duties with the rest of the accounting team.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Check supporting documents, Post the invoice in the accounting system, send it to the client upload it to Google Drive, update tracker file, Follow up with the client.
- Monthly allocation of advance payment (Funds received).
- Post unrecorded entries in the accounting system (related to Account receivable).
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel, and Accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to work independently and complete job duties according to established deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be a problem solver, accurate, and proactive
- Can-do attitude and reliable
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.