MSELECT is looking for an Accountant AP for a consultancy client in Erbil to join a finance department, minimum 1-3 years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting is requested, fluency in English is a must.
Main Tasks/ Responsibly:
- Manage accounts payable and act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies.
- Track and monitor accounts payable.
- Assist with month end closing duties with the rest of the accounting team.
- Check supporting documents, post the direct costs on the accounting system for all contractors, clients.
- Calculate commissions and post the direct costs on the accounting system.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling bank and credit card accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Assist with any other accounting projects.
- Check supporting documents, booking on the accounting system when we receive it from Training Dep.
- Post petty cash settlements'' entries on the accounting system, after check supporting documents.
- Monthly reconciliation with petty cash holders.
- Post unrecorded entries in the accounting system (related to Account payables).
- Prepare monthly depreciation excel sheet, post on the accounting system.
- Post monthly accrual expenses in the accounting system.
- Post bills for indirect expenses and other payables.
- Follow up any differences and reconcile it on the accounting system.
- Follow up any differences with the Lawyer monthly, reconcile it on the accounting system.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel, and Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to work independently and complete job duties according to established deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be a problem solver, accurate, and proactive
- Can-do attitude and reliable
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.