MSELECT is looking to hire an IT Helpdesk Support Engineer for an industrial and distribution group in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of experience with PC and Mobile user support and must be fluent in English and Arabic.
This role is the first Level of IT Support which is usually onsite or in some cases performed remotely. This support includes but is not limited to Personal Computing, Mobile Devices, Telephone, Networks, Audio/Video Conferencing, Meeting Room Equipment, CCTV, or any other site infrastructure.
Expected to troubleshoot problems in person, by telephone, or via remote access in a timely and user-friendly manner, providing end user support during business hours and on call for emergency support outside business hours. In addition, to performing the above support, this role will also support the central application and infrastructure team with investigating/resolving any IT issues, projects or changes, that require onsite support assistance.
User Compute Support
In consultation and with Guidance from Group Sr. IT Manager – Infrastructure and Helpdesk
- PC/Laptop and Mobile Devices
- Handheld Terminals (Sales, Warehouse, Factory and Supply Chain) and Tablets (if used)
- Mobile Printers (if used)
- RFID Devices (if used)
- Take ownership of IT issues reported by users and see problems through to resolution. Ensure that all requests are logged, evaluated, implemented, documented and reviewed on the IT Helpdesk System in a controlled manner as per the processes. Share timely updates/communication to the users.
- Monitor the helpdesk system queue to pick up requests for the responsible area. Make sure the requests are resolved in agreed SLA with accurate and complete information provided at all times.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot authorized PC/Laptop, Printers, Network, Telephone, Mobile, Access cards as per the process with company configuration standards specific to company and site.
- Ensure PC/laptop interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot local Telephone System including operational activities. Leverage authorized vendors for escalations when necessary
- Responsible to ensure all authorized IT assets are configured and added to IT inventory on the system company configuration standards specific to company and site with complete and accurate details.
- Provide on demand IT support to Business VIP meetings. Perform proactive checks and regular maintenance on meeting room AV systems (like projectors, TV, Speaker Phones and other devices) to ensure availability at all times
- Ensure antivirus protection, system and security updates are applied and kept up to date on to desktops and laptops you are supporting.
- Ensure availability/reachability in designated site throughout the service windows. On demand availability for non-business hours to support emergency /business critical issues/ VIP users as required
- Validate all level 1 checks, self-help and support documentation in given time before escalating requests to next level support or vendor
- Train users as required to minimize repeating incidents which are raised due to unawareness/knowledge of the use.
Infrastructure Support (Onsite)
In consultation and with guidance from Group Sr. IT Manager – Infrastructure and Helpdesk
- Wi-Fi and Access Points
- Routers and Switches
- All local Networks
- All local Firewalls
- Local Computer Room/Rack Maintenance
- Access Control Systems
- Time and Attendance devices
- Perform daily proactive monitoring at local server room for warnings lights/alerts on any hardware, temperature, humidity, air-conditioning, UPS or environmental factors related to local server room. If warning found, escalate to Group Sr. IT Manager – Infrastructure and Helpdesk on priority followed by incident process.
- Coordinate with authorized vendors including ISP, network providers, enterprise support as and when requested by Group Sr. IT Manager – Infrastructure and Helpdesk
- Ensure neatness, cleanliness of personal workspace, the local server room and any place where IT equipment is installed. Request cleaning staff help where required. All unnecessary cables, devices should be stored inside designated storage in organized manner.
- Accountable for organizing and maintaining structured cabling for LAN network and phones, Wi-Fi and Access Points.
- Perform regular check to ensure Access control, CCTV cameras and security systems at local site are working. If any issue, follow security incident process.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure NO unauthorized changes to IT infrastructure on local site. This includes but not limited to server, storage, network, telephony, printing, Wi-Fi or any IT managed device, software or service from IT service catalog. All changes, without exception, must follow the IT Change management process
- Responsible for Backup and Restore operations (if applicable) based on schedule agreed with IT Services Owners and procedures agreed with Group Sr. IT Manager – Infrastructure and Helpdesk.
- Assist on all physical level access and modifications on the network devises, which includes access to local console port, power recycling, cables & modules changes.
- Assist on configuring basic setting on network devices upon guidance to avail remote access or to connect to a network.
Business Systems Support (Sales Force Support if applicable to the site)
1st Level IT Support for Sales Force ensuring the sales force IT equipment is maintained and fit for purpose, including connectivity.
- Configure Sales Force IT devices (HHTs, Tablets, Mobile Printers)
- Support company IT in rollout of software and hardware upgrades
- Ensure all devices are registered in company IT asset tracking register
- Responsible to troubleshoot and resolve all device issues for Sales Force
- Coordination with the vendor to fix any hardware issues
- Coordination with IT Sales team to fix any software issues
Business Systems Support (ERP, Business Intelligence and Workflow Systems)
- Assist the business users to log IT Incidents, Service Requests, Problems and Change Requests.
- Ensure the all IT Incidents and Service Requests are logged in the IT Helpdesk System in a timely manner, with all relevant information and data required for the Application Support teams to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
- Assist the Application Support team in investigating and troubleshooting incidents and problems and record information/data.
Other IT Support Responsibilities
- Ensure IT Assets are updated to the asset tracking system.
- Ensure the IT user master data is up to date.
- In addition to standard IT Support responsibilities the IT Engineer will be allocated additional responsibilities in IT to help the person grow and develop on the job. Examples: Antivirus Administration.
Compliance with IT Policies, Processes and Procedures
- IT Helpdesk Processes (Incident, Service request and Problem Management)
- Change and Release Management
- Information Security Policy
- Term of Use Policy
- Service Availability, Performance and Capacity Management
- Supplier Management
- No changes to IT infrastructure onsite without an approved IT Change Request.
- Read, understand, practice and adhere to company IT helpdesk processes (incident, Service request, problem management) without any exception to offer utmost IT service delivery to company users
- Read, understand, practice and adhere to company IT change and release management process and ensure of Only company IT approved IT vendors are engaged
- No new IT Systems are considered or introduced into company IT landscape without prior company IT approval through a Charter or Change Request
- No IT changes are introduced to company IT landscape without prior company IT approval through a Charter or Change Request
- Read, understand, practice and adhere to company IT Joiners, movers and leavers (JML) policy to ensure timely JML requests are executed to avoid incidents and mitigate potential risks to the business
- Read, understand, practice and adhere to company IT Information Security Policy, the IT Term of Use Policy and all other IT Policies.
- Not permitted to create bespoke stealth IT systems or infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good listening skills
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Logical thinking and attention to details
- Time Management skills
- Project task management
- A service mindset when dealing with issues and is responsive to stakeholders
- Can do attitude with a professional personality
- Does not need to be micromanaged
- Committed to delivering quality output to agreed timelines
- Learning and Researching
Desktop and Laptop
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Ability to operate helpdesk tools, components and IT peripheral accessories
- Install and Configure Windows 7/8/10.
- Basic knowledge of MS Active Directory, MS Exchange and remote-control tools.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Installing and configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Outlook Email on PC.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2013, Lync, Projects, Visio, standard applications and productivity tools used within the organization
- Basic knowledge of Meeting room AV systems, IP telephony and video conferencing
- Adding to Domain Network and User Share folder
- Install and Configure Network Printers and Scanners
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics Client Apps and Printer Setup
- Knowledge of networks with Routers, switches and firewall experience. Configuring Network and IP Addresses.
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- Follow Backup and Restore schedules and procedures
- Install, configure and support Antivirus Server and Client
- Install, configure and support Citrix Clients
AVAYA IP Telephone
- Experience on AVAYA/Panasonic IP Office Client Telephone
- Able Configure the IP Phones and IP Server User profile and Permissions
- Able to do the Remote Location Telephone Configuration (for Warehouse)
Printer and Scanner
- Experience on Installing and configuring Network Printer and Scanner
- Able to Configure Network Scanning and Scanning Share folder
- 4 years with PC and Mobile user support
- 1 year with IT Telephony
- 1 year with base Networking at site
- 1 Year in CCTV Camera’s and IP Camera’s
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert) certified
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- ITIL v3 (IT Infrastructure Library) foundation will be added advantage
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process