MSELECT is looking to hire an Emergency Response Team Leader for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a fire fighter or ERT member and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
This is a back to back role, KRI based role will report to the HSE Manager/ Superintendent/ Supervisor providing functional support to field activities. The candidate will be required to undertake a certain amount of travel in support of the role. The successful candidate will play a key role in this journey and will have the opportunity to material contribute to the growth and success of the Company. Operate within and promote Client core values and HSE culture. Participate in the implementation and execution of HSE plans and activities required in making continuous and positive HSE improvements in the field operations.
- Hold emergency response members under his command responsible for the prompt and complete discharge of their duties, for the condition and actions of their companies in and out of quarters, and for any neglect in carrying out and enforcing all rules and orders governing the emergency response team members of the HSE Department
- Convey all orders of the HSE Superintendent or his designee to the emergency response team member and transmit all reports or communications of the emergency response team members to the HSE Superintendent or his designee
- Be fit and ready to respond to any fire, rescue, environmental incident, alarm or drill when on shift
- Conduct fire and rescue duties under the command of the HSE Superintendent or HSE advisor during an incident including but not limited to firefighting, rescue, first aid, chemical spill etc.
- Carry out standby fire and rescue cover when and where required
- Support the OSC or be the OSC at any incident response requirement
- Help prompt the company’s Life Saving rules mandatory controls program
- Ensure the companies HSE policy is Implement to the best of his ability
- Conduct and report regular inspections across all Company operations and activities as required
- Enhance HSE & FIRE awareness culture in the workplace
- Keep stations, apparatus, equipment, tools and uniforms in clean and serviceable condition
- Minimum 2-year experience as a fire fighter or ERT member – HSE OR Production background would be advantageous for international oil and gas companies
- Driving license
- College education
- Professional qualifications
- Knowledge of industry HSE best practices and national and international HSE legislation
- Experienced in oil field operations
- Fluent in Kurdish and English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Good problem-solving ability and a pragmatic flexible approach
- Fire safety training
- OSC training
Internal & External Interaction:
- The position is expected to work closely with field operations (construction / drilling / production / projects) as well as support other functions like security, logistics, C&P, administration, CSR etc.
- The job holder may have to interact with local communities’ emergencies services on a regular basis.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process