MSELECT is looking to hire an Education Facilitator for an international organization in Duhok, candidates must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/ programme management, monitoring and reporting. Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must.
Scope of Work
Facilitators are expected to carry out a range of duties, as outlined below, to support organization’s work in monitoring projects and programmes in areas that are not accessible to organization staff. Facilitators are identified among Iraqi citizens with specific experience and a thorough knowledge of the territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience.
- Undertakes regular situation monitoring in specific areas based on specific requests, to assess the overall situation in general and school’s infrastructure in particular and identify needs to provide child friendly education environment for children in these areas including preparing BoQs.
- Undertakes regular field visits to monitor projects/programmes. Field monitoring will focus on:
- Assessing project/programme implementation according to the PCA (Programme Cooperation Agreement) or SSFA (Small-Scale Funding Agreement), or corporate and service contracts (rehabilitation, construction of schools, up-grading WASH facilities in schools, etc.
- Verification of supplies delivered and works undertaken, including reported progress any delays and bottlenecks.
- Post-distribution monitoring of supplies to assess the beneficiaries’ views in terms of quality, timeliness and relevance of supplies delivered.
- Monitoring the overall performance of project/programme implementation.
- Reporting any actual or potential deviation from implementation plans through a report following the required format, and at a frequency guided by the duration of the project.
- Assists with winterisation and other emergency activities as requested by supervisor, and in close collaboration with Emergency Officer(s)
- Any other programme specific related task assigned by supervisor
- Immediately following any field visit, the facilitator produces a field trip report according to a standard format and submits the report to his/her supervisor, and if requested, the facilitator also provides immediate update to his/her supervisor by phone/email.
- Certifies progress/completion of implementation of project/programme activities.
- Coordinates with the government counterparts/NGOs/CBOs for documentations that are necessary for project implementation, processing of payments, and confirmation/verification of completion of project/programme activity.
The main Objective of the position is to monitor school construction/rehabilitation in vulnerable and returnee areas and within host communities in Ninawa and Duhok.
- The main Objective of the position is to monitor school construction/rehabilitation in vulnerable and returnee areas and within host communities in Duhok.
- University degree in a field related to the scope of work (construction/rehabilitation of public buildings specifically schools). At least B.Sc. degree in civil Engineering.
- At least three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/programme management, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data is an asset.
- Experience working in a humanitarian context is an asset.
- Experience working with UN or NGO programmes/projects is an asset.
- Fluency both verbal and written in English, Arabic and Kurdish is an asset. Local language of the area where the Facilitator is to be deployed is essential.
- Excellent Negotiations skills with and administrative influence on the authorities/counterpart departments and partners.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
- Good report writing skills.
- Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners and counterparts at different levels.
- Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications.
- Commitment to organization’s mission and professional values.
- Ideally due to travel restrictions lives in Mosul City.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process