MSELECT is hiring a Dormitory Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English.
Camp Section Head
Supervises and monitors Dormitory services provided by contractor to ensure that the services are provided to be in high standards and in compliance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Supervises the accommodation activities & housekeeping at the location to ensure quality & quantity of services and report if any shortage to line manager
- Carries out hygiene inspections for all accommodation premises and recreation areas to ensure that required standards are complied with Company Policy and Procedure
- Follows up the laundry services provided by contractor in high standard level and ensure that proper cleaning materials are used and timely delivery of the laundry
- Inspects contractors’ stores regularly to ensure that the contractor is marinating proper hygienic environment and good stock of supplies
- Check regularly the condition of accommodation, offices and the furniture to ensure they are kept clean and tidy. Coordinate with maintenance regarding works/repairs and ensure the maintenance is carried out according to the work order
- Perform other duties such as coordinating with Contractor Camp Manager, allocating rooms to staff, producing accommodation report, data analysis, monitoring general maintenance activities etc.
- Observing safety rules and regulations
Independence of Operation:
Work according to established policy and procedures
Supervises: Upon the assignment
Walking and standing while monitoring the service approximately 60% of work time
10% of working time exposure to prevailing weather conditions
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: Regular contacts with Deputy Manager, Section Head Representatives of field sections from different department to discuss the accommodation and laundry requirements and follow up on the services
- External: Regular contacts the contracted accommodation and laundry service providers to discuss the issues of accommodation services
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum Qualifications: Diploma 3 years in BA or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 10 years’ experience in the field of catering services
- Job-Specific Skills: Good knowledge of English
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process