MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Maintenance Planner for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance planning in the Oil/Petrochemical Industry and must be fluent in English.
- Maintenance Section Head
Experience in an onshore integrated operations and maintenance planning environment for the execution of corrective, brownfield, and shutdown maintenance plans.
- Ensure the availability of all required materials, equipment, tools and manpower ahead of time
- Ownership of the execution plan ensuring necessary planning and field resources are identified.
- Ensuring that the work force is kept informed of maintenance and shutdown developments
- Working with company and contractor personnel to ensure they have the correct information and are sufficiently prepared for scheduled activities & feedback all relevant information to the maintenance execution team members, including vendors where applicable.
- Provide technical expertise on planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring by optimizing cost and resources.
- Analyze maintenance performance in-conjunction with the Maintenance Section Head and Maintenance Team, initiating improvements to maximize equipment performance and the reduction of non-value-added time on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare maintenance plans, analysis of backlogs, schedule compliance and recommend solutions for delays, balance work-load
- Where necessary develop work packs and plans for medium/long term maintenance activities including small projects in conjunction with all departments
- Works with all tradesmen assigned as team leads as responsible party for validating BOM for all work packs against as built system and confirmed on accurate P&ID
- Assimilate all required parts and confirm against work pack description
- Utilize SAP materials selection process for parts selection and recovery from materials stored in warehouse.
- Identify deficiencies in required materials in a timely manner that will allow for accurate description of ordered components in sufficient time to arrive prior to SD for validation of correctness for use. Inform Coordinator/Planner of any deficiencies found and action taken for recording purposes.
- Ensure mechanical completeness of work prior to commencing PSSR
- Develop work packs for each SD work order
- Reserve Material into the SD work orders, bag and tag prior SD start date
- Input the task list into the SD work orders as identified into the work packs
- Work with Operations single point of contact to make sure all relevant documents in to the work packs are complete and up-dated.
- Initiate the process of procurement and contracting by initiating detailed scope of work and liaising with various departments to ensure availability of resources for planned jobs in coordination with business services functions.
- Follow up material requisitions with respective functions for all types of maintenance. Asset management and update master plan in ‘SAP’. Prepare reports and feedback on equipment performance, monitor compliance to implemented works process, systems for optimum availabilities of the plant.
- Work closely with contractors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Pre-Operations and document development experience essential.
- Operational and Project experience preferred.
- Experience of working in an Engineering Office Environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Planning and Cost Control policies to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All Departments
- Basra Oil Company
- Vendors & Service providers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- HNC, HND as a minimum in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- 5 - 6 Years' experience in maintenance planning in the Oil/Petrochemical Industry with background of maintenance systems (CMMS).
- Significant experience with CMMS and ideally SAP PM
- Experience of CMMS implementation and build
- Knowledge of equipment processes within the oil and gas or chemical industries.
- Application of maintenance and asset management techniques.
- Strong IT skills in MS applications
- Project management experience.
- Experience in conducting Training Sessions.
- Recognized safety qualification would be desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a multi-cultural environment
- Presentation skills essential
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process