MSELECT is looking to hire a Deputy Country Manager for a manufacturing client in Baghdad, a minimum of 7-8 years experience in a senior leadership role in the consumer goods sector, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Purpose of the job
Work closely with the Country Manager to effectively manage company operation in Iraq ensuring that the strategic goals for the region are met. Develop and implement the sales objectives in line with the company’s objectives to maximize sales volume, distribution and profit in Iraq through the efficient and effective utilization of resources. Accountable for ensuring that sales, business development, marketing, distribution, and people management objectives determined by the Chief Officer – MEA Markets and Country Manager are achieved.
- Job specific responsibilities covers the areas of Strategic Management, Distribution, Business Development and People & Performance.
- Strategic Management: Collaborate with the Country Manager and management team in setting annual targets for designated market.
- Recommend pricing and commercial terms policy based on sustainable volume growth, competition and the local marketing dynamics.
- Execute market intelligence and data collection on assigned markets, distributor’s performance, market price structure, regulations and competitor's sales and activities.
- Build strong relationships with Distributors and/or Wholesalers by understanding their business issues, opportunities, and recommended actions.
- Recommend marketing policy on assigned market based on market dynamics
- Manage demand forecasting and proactively control distribution inventory. Ensure effective planning and implementation and increase distribution through wider trade coverage and sales strategy.
- Manage budgets for market activation and channel incentives to meet sales targets. Ensure market research and analyses is completed and facilitates improved business planning, improvement and growth.
- Conduct market visits for existing and new customers.
- Business Development: Establish and manage new downstream channel partner networks and key accounts.
- Establish relationship with local regulatory and Tobacco authorities and government officials ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- People & Performance: Ensure achievement of assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Provide accurate yearly sales forecast. Manage supply of stock to ensure optimal stock level, availability and avoid O.O.S.
- Liaise closely with Logistics team to follow up all orders delivery.
- Build a positive cross functional relationship.
- Recruits, develops, motivates and manages team performance. Provides guidelines, support and coaching to ensure that country team is resourced and have the competencies, capabilities and tools to consistently deliver individual and team objectives
- Co-ordination with the head office for all technical, commercial, administrative and legal assistance.
- Develop and upgrade the best tools and processes to optimize operational efficiency at all levels by driving new ways to add value to the business.
- Lead in identification, assessment of potential risks and developing approaches to mitigate the probability and impact of risks.
- Degree in Business or any other related field.
- Must have a highly developed commercial acumen derived from a minimum of 7-8 years experience in a senior leadership role in the consumer goods sector. Experience in FMCG and relevant consumer goods i.e. tobacco, drinks, confectionaries and dairy that included complete accountability of an independent distribution network is highly recommended.
- Ability to lead business remotely in the assigned territory.
- Experience in building and managing distribution network and field sales.
- Proven leadership skills - raising the team’s performance, with a focus on delivering results through innovation and growth.
- Strong analytical approach, with the ability to provide strategic direction and make decisions.
- Strategic Thinking; Business Acumen; Global Perspective; Innovation & Improvement; Build Collaborative Networks; Cultural awareness / valuing diversity; Teamwork and co-operation;
- Results driven; Accountability; Customer Focus.
- Knowledge of brand & trade programs development.
- Understanding of field operations and logistics/ supply chain management.
- Must be fluent in English & Arabic
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process