MSELECT is looking to hire a Modern Trade Assistant Manager for an FMCG client in Erbil, candidates must have at least 5 years of relevant experience. Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Availability & Visibility as per perfect store plan.
- Plans, directs and monitors the activities of a sales team (Sales reps and merchandisers), to achieve established sales targets.
- Negotiations of Annual JBPs on time, with clear counterparts and long-term durations.
- Develop, and manage account activity plans to meet budgeted volumes and margin objectives, in alignment with the overall BU Strategy.
- Deliver annual sales and P&L targets by developing and executing the customer business plans
- Lead and manage the implementation of the commercial strategy with key accounts customers.
- Prepare and evaluate/track sales budgets ensuring that agreement counter performance (from clients) is executed.
- Effective management of allocated promotional budgets in collaboration with Trade Marketing.
- Own the annual agreement negotiation process with key retailers.
- Develop customer strategy and annual business plan in line with overall national sales strategy
- Prepares sales forecasts and budgets.
- Prepare negotiation scenarios, strategy, and fully lead negotiation process.
- Continuously analyze customer development, define and maximize business development opportunities
- Analyze available data sources to profitably manage the portfolio and drive growth opportunities for the company brands with each customer.
- Build effective annual promotion plans based on sound sales development and profitability analysis in collaboration with Trade Marketing.
- Execute the Customer Trade marketing plans for key Customers.
- Produce excellent conceptual selling decks and establish the brand as the category leader with key customer.
- Build strong intercompany networks and establish a close cross functional relationship.
- Manage his/her direct or indirect relationships with the Area Sales Managers and their teams, to ensure alignment to the objectives.
- Manage his/her indirect relationship with the Trade Marketing department, who will be responsible for developing brand activities in the outlets.
- Jointly develop winning customer category strategies and conceptual sells.
- Develop effective partnerships for the company to be regarded as key supplier and engine for profitable growth
- Ensure that the company is at the forefront of customer relationship management.
- Continually search to understand customer needs better and respond with customized program (in line with the brand equity) that are mutually beneficial
Qualification and Experience:
- FMCG sales experience of minimum 5 years including 2 years of account management.
- Experience of managing business development agreements
- Strong negotiation skills
- An expert in understanding sales market and trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to take calculated risk
- Excellent use of office applications, Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English and Arabic, Kurdish is a plus.
Competencies & KPIs:
- Spend Vs Budget
- Efficient resources management.
- Sales performance per category.
- Collections targets.
- Customers service level.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process