MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the same role with oil and gas clients; fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
- Within the assigned competence, in compliance with the Regulation on Expert Review Section, internal normative documents and instructions of the senior management of the Company¸ the Senior Mechanical-Rotating Equipment Engineer shall:
- Prepare cost estimation within works deadlines, controlled parameters, form and content of output documents;
- In case of engagement of the Company Business Units, external consultants or contractors to render specialized services, prepare for the Section Head the justification for making the decision for their involvement;
- In compliance with the internal normative documents of the Company take measures to maintain methodological, technical and information support of interacting Business Units, including ensuring the availability of the updated normative technical documentation, modern software tools and leading international practice in design and survey works;
- Provide support to business counterparts in relation to the applied methods, standards, results and quality of the design and survey works, cost estimations, etc, within the assigned responsibilities of the Business Unit;
- Participate in the preparation of short-term and long-term work plans and budgets within the assigned Business area.
- Have good working knowledge of industry standards for mechanical equipment
- When preparing tender documentation for the selection of the Contractors for Design and Survey as well as other types of works/services, the Senior Mechanical-Rotating Equipment Engineer involves in the preparation of:
- Technical specifications for the design, including tie-in technical requirements;Requirements to the preparation of cost estimates for the construction/reconstruction/capital repairs of the Company’s buildings and facilities, requirements for the scope and types of materials, products and equipment supplied by Contractor, the initial data and instructions for the preparation of the cost estimation related to the organization of construction and other costs of the Contractor;
- Technical consulting to the Business Units of the Company as well as ensures participation in the external expert audits within the assigned business area.
Upon the request from Head of the Expert Review Section involves in:
- The evaluation of Contractors’ offers for compliance with the requirements of the tender documentation.
- The inspections of Contractors and Subcontractors in order to evaluate the level of compliance of the actual qualification and operational indicators of the business activities stated by the Contractor as part of the tender offer.
At the stage of concluding contracts for design and survey works, involves in:
- Updating technical requirements for the manufacturing of the equipment, units and components, technical specifications and design terms of reference (if such need arises);
At the stage of design and survey works involves in:
Engineering surveys, acceptance, expert review, approval and preparation of reporting documents on the engineering surveys for submission to the Head of Section;
Review of the design and estimate documentation developed by the Contractor for compliance with the requirements of the design terms of reference, internal normative documents of the Company, industrial and ecological safety regulations, technical standards of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the Republic of Iraq;
Preparation of conclusions to the Contractor in the event that the Contractor fails to comply with requirements of the design terms of reference, internal normative documents of the Company, industrial and ecological safety regulations as well as other technical regulation standards of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the Republic of Iraq;
Control over corrective solutions and revision of the design and cost estimate documentation by the Contractor in compliance with the requirements of the Company conclusions.
Acceptance from the Contractor of the completed design and cost estimate documentation, certificates and protocols of the documentation approval by the local self-government authorities and/or other authorized state bodies of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the Republic of Iraq (if required by the contract).
Design, specification, selection, and services relating to rotating machinery including centrifugal and rotary pumps and packaged equipment.
Specify and detailed design of centrifugal, axial, and reciprocating pumps including field experience in the manufacturing, performance testing, commissioning, and trouble shooting.
Machinery rotor dynamics, machinery performance calculations, lubrication, shaft sealing, and machinery selection criteria
Machinery engineering function in cross-functional project meetings including P&ID review, HAZOP, layout review and model review with inspections and testing of purchased critical rotating equipment and performing site inspections of installations Lead kick-off and design review meetings with suppliers.
Preparation of technical specification packages for critical rotating equipment and undertake technical evaluation, development and technical risk assessment & mitigation of proposals for purchase and supplier proposals.
Sizing and selection of correct crude oil centrifugal export pumps, Closed drain screw pumps
Preparation of datasheets for mechanical equipment
Preparation, update and as-builting Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
Preparation of operation procedures, method statements, start-up procedures and hydrostatic test procedures for mechanical equipment
Participation in safety studies and activities such as qras, HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA workshops.
At the stage of the internal expert review of the design and estimate documentation involves:
- In the preparation of documents for the internal expert review of the design and cost estimate documentation, its special sections and other documentation by the Company business units or the external Consultant (based on the decision from Company management);
- In the control over the estimated costs and compliance of the cost estimate documents within design package to the established requirements (by engagement of the cost estimation team within the Expert Review Section);
- In preparation of the conclusion for the Project Manager of the relevant project and Company management based on the results of the expert review of the design and cost estimate documentation, including the protocols of approval of completed work scope of the design and survey works and/or deviations from the contractual requirements (if revealed); the protocols of approvals and results of special expert reviews of the documentation by the authorized state bodies of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the Republic of Iraq.
At the stages of construction, installation, commissioning works performance, acceptance commissions organization and obtaining permission for the startup of the completed facilities after construction / capital repair / reconstruction, the Mechanical-Rotating Equipment Expert:
- Ensures participation in the work of the technical commissions;
- Issue of the relevant conclusions within the assigned business area;
- Ensures support and control over corrective solutions and introduction of changes into the design/cost estimate documentation and as-built documents by the contractor or in-house resources in compliance with the requests from the company business units or acceptance commissions; acceptance from the Contractor of the final design and cost estimate documentation, as-built documentation, certificates and protocols of the documentation approval by the local self-government authorities and/or other authorized state bodies of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq (if required by the contract).
- Bsc. Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of the international standards of industrial design, regulatory requirements in construction / practice in execution of the international Projects in capital construction, repairs and reconstruction;
- Confident knowledge of the oil transportation technology; operations and maintenance of the trunk oil pipelines and process management systems;
- Knowledge of the principles of cost estimation for construction and assembly works and equipment;
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to address multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills
- Strong focus towards regulatory compliance, HSE and Operational Excellence in the context of project management and implementation of investment and construction projects; Min. 8 years of relevant business experience, ;
- Relevant experience of working in global companies. A clear advantage is experience gained in Middle East;
- Experience in managing and directing Business Units in construction of oil & gas sector facilities;
- Experience in interacting with the State regulatory bodies;
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent.
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
- Applied engineering, project management and construction management software (Project Manager, Primavera, AutoCAD, SPS or Pipeline Studio etc).