MSELECT is hiring a Head of Automation & Instrumentation Service for an international oil and gas client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
The Head of Automation & Instrumentation Service is appointed and dismissed by the decision of the Branch Head – Operating Director in agreement with the Head of Automation Division, the Director for Operations & Maintenance and the Chief Engineer.
The Head of Automation & Instrumentation Service directly reports to the Head of Automation Division.
- Management of the Automation and Instrumentation Service and functional interaction with the Operations Divisions at the Stations engaged in operation, maintenance and repair of the automation systems and instrumentation, including the Automation & Telecom Maintenance and Repair Team;
- Ensuring the reliable, safe and uninterrupted operation of automation and instrumentation, SCADA and telecom systems at the linear part and Stations of the Pipeline System;
- Examination of the operating processes and analysis of the Company facilities in order to identify the locations, works and processes subject for automation and mechanization. Preparation of proposals for reconstruction and technical upgrade of the Company systems and equipment;
- Development and approval of work schedules in accordance to the established procedure. Development of short-term and long-term plans for operating process automation, and relevant sections of Routine Works plan and budget;
- Identification of demand and preparation of requisitions for procurement of the automation and telecom system equipment and instrumentation, consumables, spares and implements required to satisfy the operational needs; registration of the incoming equipment and control over rational use of the target funds;
- Jointly with other business units participate in preparation of terms of reference for development and introduction of SCADA, automation and control systems, telecommunication and associated software applications;
- Participation in the expert review of the Terms of Reference, design and manufacturer documentation, vendor proposals, internal normative documents of the Company in relation to the automation and instrumentation;
- Rendering assistance to the Procurement Section and Tenders and Contracts Section in preparation of necessary data and documents for selection of suppliers and conclusion of contracts with specialized companies for manufacturing, supply, installation, commissioning and maintenance of SCADA system, complex automation and instrumentation solutions; style in document.
- Organization of installation, commissioning, testing works on the automation equipment and instrumentation; participation in the acceptance of works and services performed by contractors, as well as in the startup of the new automation and telecom systems and instruments and mechanical equipment;
- Calculation of efficiency of the automation upgrade measures in terms of improving Company operations;
- Control over compliance with the operating procedures and prompt repair of automation and telecom equipment;
- Provision of methodological and technical support to the employees of the Business Units while mastering the new automation equipment and instrumentation;
- Organization of development and agreeing the local normative documents of the Company within the assigned Business Area;
- Development of equipment operation manuals and instructions for safe operation and maintenance of the automation and telecom equipment;
- Organization and control over deadlines and quality of specialized repairs (including emergency repair) of the automation equipment and instrumentation; centralized supply of spare parts, components and consumables;
- Record of availability and movements of the automation equipment and instruments;
- Participation in the inventory taking of the Company’s equipment and instruments. Preparation of lists of the automation and telecom equipment and instruments, requiring repair or replacement; planning the sequential order of repair works;
- Preparation and submission to the upper management of the reporting documentation within the assigned Business area;
- Participate in the work of Tender Committee within assigned business duties;
- Participate in the preparation of short-term and long-term work plans and budgets; control over implementation of the approved work plans and budgets;
- Interaction with the State Regulatory Bodies of the Kurdistan Region and Republic of Iraq within assigned Business Area;
- Interaction with equipment suppliers and service contractors for automation and control systems, telecommunications, SCADA, instrumentation;
- Interaction with the HR Management Division on the organization of training and qualification upgrade of the subordinate employees for continuous improvement of the production efficiency and safety;
- Interaction with the HR Department and Directorate Business Units to update the job
- Control over the compliance by the subordinate employees to the requirements of the internal labor regulations of the Company, Industrial Safety, Fire Safety, Occupational Health and Environment protection requirements, ensuring the data protection.
- With the Head of Automation Division, Head of Chief Metrology Service, Automation & Telecom Maintenance and Repair Team, Instrument Calibration Team within CMRC, Directorate for Procurement, Tenders and Contracts Section, HR Management Division, Directorate for Security, HSE Department, other directorates and divisions of the Company within the assigned competence;
- With representatives of the State Regulatory bodies of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq within assigned competencies;
- With business partners, contractors and service providers within assigned competencies and contractual scope of work.
Regulation of Activities
- Concession Agreement;
- Applicable legislative requirements of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq
- The National Code of Iraq for Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids;
- International standards and regulations inter alia ISO 9000 Quality Management System, ISO 10012:2003 Measurement management systems. Requirements for measurement processes and measuring equipment, ASME B31.4 Pipeline Transportation Systems for Liquid Hydrocarbons and Other Liquids, API RP 551 Process Measurement Instrumentation, API RP 554 Process Instrumentation and Control; API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards (MPMS).
- Company internal normative documents within the assigned Business area;
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and fire safety requirements;
- Regulation on Automation & Instrumentation Service;
- The present Job Profile.
Other Job Requirements
- Higher Technical Education (Process automation and instruments, electrical)
- Knowledge of the International standards and regulative documents in the area of automation and control systems, instrumentation, telecom, SCADA;
- Knowledge of the National Code of Iraq for Measurement of Hydrocarbon Fluids;
- Knowledge of transportation process, accounting, acceptance and transfer of crude oil or petroleum products;
- Confident technical knowledge of automation and instrumentation of the Pipeline System of the Company;
- Skills in planning, management, quality control and work acceptance;
- Strong focus towards HSSE and Operational Excellence.
- English fluent;
- Kurdish fluent.
- Min. 5 years of managerial experience in the area of automation and instrumentation; preferably in petroleum companies;
- Practical experience in operation and maintenance of automation systems and instrumentation, telecom, SCADA;
- Experience in interaction with the State Regulatory Bodies;
- Experience in managing plans and budgets;
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.
- Computer Skills
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, messenger systems;
- Experience in working with software from various suppliers of Automation and control systems; Telecom systems; SCADA systems; PLC programming.
- Erbil, Kurdistan Region, the Republic of Iraq.
- Regular trips to the operational facilities of the Company within assigned duties.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process