MSELECT is hiring a Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience and fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Full time (Office based with temporary site visit)
The position is responsible for Instrument and Control engineering in Crude Oil Pipeline projects and responsible for professional/technical engineering, engineering design and review, standards, survey work, inspections, cost estimations, managing and supervision of internal and external projects. Under general supervision of the section head manager, the responsible person will perform the following duties:
Duties and responsibilities
- Ability for design, development, engineering, procurement, calibration, testing, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning of Instrumentation, Final Control Elements, SCADA, Station Control system, ESD system and F&G system.
- With skills in design, selection, specification and datasheet of a large variety of instruments, control system, analyzers, telecommunication and information equipment,
- Preparation of scope of work for any required new facilities, modification, revamping and upgrading.
- Preparation of all documents and drawings such as specifications, block diagrams, datasheets, calculations, index, cause & effect, logic diagram, location layout, cable routing layout, wiring diagram, cable schedule, MTO, MR, TBE, philosophy and system architecture.
- Knowledge of hazardous area classification and the selection of equipment for installation and use in hazardous environments.
- Having ability to work with software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel with VBA programming, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Windows and working with AutoCAD is an asset.
- Review feed and detail design documents for any errors, omissions, deficiencies, inaccuracies, contradictions, ambiguities and/or discrepancies.
- Preparation the control philosophy and narratives for pipeline operation, safeguarding and Participation in HAZID, HAZOP and SIL assessment meetings
- Revamping and integrating the existing instrumentation with new control system.
- The installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Manager for Instrumentation, Control and SCADA system
Qualification and Experiences
- Instrumentation and Control engineering with 8+ years of work experience in Oil & Gas on various functional areas including Field and System Engineering, FEED, Pre-Bid Engineering and Technical Support for Project Proposals. Minimum 5 years’ experience in Feasibility studies, FEED, Basic & Detailed engineering activities for Green and Brown field projects is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Acquainted with relevant international standards like API, ISA, ISO, ANSI/ASME, IEC, IEEE, ITU, TIA/EIA and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering and design of Control system, Control valves, Safety valves, Analyzers and Instrumentation including Flow instruments, Pressure instruments, Level instruments and Temperature instruments.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work. - Able to work with other disciplines and drafting sections to meet delivery dates.
- Excellence command of English is required, Kurdish and Arabic languages are an asset.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process