MSELECT is looking to hire an E&I Construction and Commissioning Lead for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
This KRI based role will report to the Operations / Project Manager, focusing on multiple asset developments and operations. The role is Field and Erbil office based, with required travel and work in London and Ankara and work some periods in various KRI assets.
Operating within Company core values and HSE ethics. Interface closely with the engineering teams of the company, Asset Partners, Engineering firms and EPF contractor. An active engagement with all parties is required to achieve a successful transition from Site Construction and Commissioning to start-up of the wells and EPF. Work closely with the Company Field Managers, EPF Contractor and Site teams to obtain E/I Construction Completion & Acceptance, progress to Commissioning and eventually the introduction of Hydrocarbons and start-up of wells and EPF.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Ideal candidate will be preferably familiar (or similar) with work within the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and have experience working within a multicultural, challenging environment.
- Possessing at least 10 years and above professional involvement in the full spectrum of EPC, EPCC Project and specialized in project development, project management, operations, planning, engineering, procurement, construction, installation, maintenance, pre-commissioning and commissioning for major international and local organizations from owner, EPCIC contractor, PMC, Management Contractor, sub-con, engineering consultant and vendor in upstream, midstream (incl.
- Tank farm) and downstream projects in a range of sectors including Oil & Gas Greenfield and Brownfield across harsh environment in various geographic of worldwide.
- Candidate is expected to be self-starting and with flexible attitude to support and develop multiple green field operations
- Working in a high sour oil and gas environment and understanding the specific HSE precautions required.
- Leadership and supervision of Electrical, Instrument & Controls and ICSS related Assurance activities in accordance with the Construction Assurance Plan, supporting procedures, assurance schedules and project contract requirements.
- Defining and writing SOW, Technical Evaluations and participate in ITT process for new contracts.
- Sensitivity to supervising and working with personnel with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Safety leadership of contractors to achieve best in class safety performance in the field. Convene or participate in Risk Assessments as necessary.
- Assist Company Assurance Manager & Project Engineers as required in the management of the overall Assurance & Readiness program.
- Strive to be aware of the cost and schedule implications of decisions, and raise any Technical Queries as required with the Project Engineering Team.
- Monitor both company and EPC Contractor progress and quality and confirm they are acceptable. If progress and/or quality is not acceptable, inform and work with Contractor and Company Management to improve performance to an acceptable level.
- Implement Company Construction Assurance process
- Ensure optimization of resources utilization for manpower resources of the project to obtain maximum productivity. To monitor project's crew performance and ensure able to comment on their skills, performance & fitness to work throughout the project.
- Monitor and review construction practices, including design control, document control, interface management and special processes.
- Where required monitor and participate in Contractors' vendor activities (FAT & SAT).
- Review and monitor closeout of Contractor NCRs.
- Progressive review of Contractor documentation, including final MC dossiers in readiness for handover.
- Participate in Contractor led audits, ensuring audit reports are issued within acceptable time frame and audit actions are appropriately implemented.
- Liaise, as necessary, with other parts of the project, to ensure a consistent approach is taken to all project facilities in the flowline, piping and static equipment areas in order to achieve safe and successful tie ins.
- Assure the project HSSE and Quality objectives are being followed and safety culture maintained at a high standard.
- Report incidents and near misses immediately.
- Comply with a duty of care to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountability for HSSE, be accountable for ensuring that they adopt exemplary safe behavior.
- Direct (day-to-day) supervision of mechanical technicians, vendors and other resources assigned to support any and all mechanical construction and commissioning activities.
- On handover from construction, control commissioning risks by adherence to Company PTW system, ensuring HSE standards for a safe start-up are maintained.
- Coordinate/Review/Prepare PTW/JSA and isolations for related constriction / commissioning, attend toolbox talks to ensure company and contractors work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner.
- Develop construction / commissioning work packs for execution in the field and procurement of required materials.
- Help Co-ordinate pre-commissioning / commissioning with construction, sub-contractors and vendor, witness critical activities, raise commissioning punch-lists and categories.
- Oversee and approve set up for system commissioning by ensuring temporaries installed, correct configuration of the system etc.
- Ensure all test equipment and materials required for commissioning activities are available and are certified and fit for use.
- Prepare/present completions and commissioning reports for the Field and Ops/Project Manager as necessary.
- Good English communication and reporting skills.
Internal & External Interaction
- Internally the candidate is expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions whether in London, Ankara or at any Company KRI locations.
- EPF contractors, Engineers and 3rd party contractors.
- Contractor’s operations and maintenance personnel.
- Local community.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process