MSELECT is looking for a Business Development Officer for an international consultancy client in Erbil, candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in business development, sales or PR, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must, Dutch language is a big advantage and Arabic is plus.
General features of job
- The business development officer is primarily responsible for helping to develop relationships with prospective stakeholders, while maintaining existing relationships, in order to assist in the development of business partnerships.
- The business development officer contributes to the public diplomacy profile of the client in particular.
- The business development officer advises on support programs regarding humanitarian assistance, rule of law and human rights.
- The business development officer might assist in consular affairs and perform other duties as assigned.
- The annual plan, rules and regulations apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing information on the relevant field of work as a subject matter expert on relationships, procedures, and operations.
- Answering questions by telephone and e-mail.
- Providing information on various regulations, laws and policy measures.
- Preparing and taking part in presentations at exhibitions and fairs.
- Making proposals on target groups to be reached, information to be provided and the most appropriate means of giving information.
- Participating in events and conferences to further the mission, goals, and policy agenda of the consulate.
- Gather information on the relevant field of work by remaining up-to-date on latest news
- Contributing to studies and advice on the policy concerned, based on the study of literature and reports.
- Monitoring developments in the area of interest.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Stimulating the business growth by developing and executing external engagement strategies with government, business, and civil society stakeholders.
- Seeking potential collaboration between the consulate and local & international stakeholders.
- Representing the management with the organization in partnerships and relationships with leaders in business, community and government.
- Managing and reporting on the client projects in the region.
- Conducting meetings with the stakeholders when required.
- Providing logistic and clerical support by organizing and preparing a variety of different meetings, drawing attention to matters requiring particular attention, drawing up reports and monitoring the progress and fulfillment of arrangements made and decisions taken.
- Coordinate and attending events, interviews, meetings, and other PR related matters.
Qualification and skills
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent related field.
- Level of experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in business development, sales or PR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of the region’s rules and culture, with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose equipment-based solutions.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must, Dutch language is a big advantage and Arabic is plus.
- Presentable and committed to work.
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.