MSELECT is looking to hire a TCN Electrical & Instrument Controls Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and fluency in English is a must.
Reports Directly to
- Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor the role will involve hands-on maintenance activities, troubleshooting and repair of oil production facility electrical and instrumentation and control equipment in a manner which assures minimum downtime on equipment.
Supervises the Following Job Title(s)
- Electrical and Instrument Technician and Trainees
Maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting and repair of field instrumentation and control devices for process equipment and electrical devices. PLC, DCS, ECU, UPS, control valves, PID control, coriolis meters, flow meters, orifice plates, radar level control, pneumatic control, variable speed drives, synchronization hardware and software, utility systems, fire and gas, electronic process controllers, wellhead control panels, LV switchgear and motor control centers control.
- Carry out Preventive maintenance and inspections as scheduled.
- Detailed reporting and PMR implementation.
- Read and comprehend P&ID, Cause & Effect, Loop, Single Lines and Wiring Diagrams.
- Tours and inspects facilities to investigate and evaluate issues and aid in work prioritization and effectiveness of work performed.
- Communicate effectively and support Maintenance Supervisor to minimize production impacts and enhance reliability.
- Orders spare parts, supplies, tools and equipment needed in the repair and maintenance of all instrumentation and control equipment.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed as per company policy.
- Implements tag-out lock-out procedures during routine maintenance and repair.
- Provide supervision and training of local personnel.
- Technical diploma minimum.
- Served Technical Apprenticeship with a recognized international company
- Maintenance experience a must
- Minimum of 10 years electrical and instrumentation experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Competent with Fisher, ABB, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, HART, MicroMotion, Rosemount, SCADA, Deep Sea, Com-Ap, AccuMate and ProLink 3.
- Wonderware experience preferred
- Competent and trained in SS Instrument Tubing installation
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office a must.
- H2S experience preferred.
- KRG experience preferred.
- Enthusiastic about Maintenance role.
- Ability to work effectively within team of operations and maintenance.
- Ability to work with multinational workforce.
- Proven track record of training national staff while completing multiple tasks.
- Read/Write/Speak English language required.
- Excellent reporting skills, both written and verbally.
- Willingness to work shift/rotation schedule.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process