MSELECT is hiring a Senior Contracts and Procurement Support for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 20 years’ experience in contracting and procurement support experience of oilfield projects.
This is a key position that provides dedicated support to the Surface Facilities team on Contracting and Procurement related activities in close coordination with the Company’s Contract& Procurement Dept.
- Providing governance, advice and guidance in engaging tender, contract and procurement activity in compliance with Company’s relevant procedures.
- Embedding the Dept.’s post-award contract management in all the Dept. contracts, e.g., GES, PMC Services, Long Lead Items procurement and EPC contracts.
- Managing high value/high importance contracts as required to ensure that Company meets its contractual obligations
- Identifying and managing risks that may arise through the operation of the contracts.
Monitor, control and report key performance indicators related to the Projects C&P section, to track performance and recommend corrective actions.
Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of the Projects team where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Procurement Process Administration
- Manage the effective delivery of procurement services and ensure the ongoing coordination with the contracts section and logistics teams in order to ensure that all related tasks from requisition receipt to order delivery are processed proactively and productively to meet internal client specifications and requirements at the lowest cost to KE and as per purchase agreements.
- Monitor procurement service levels to ensure provision of best services to internal customers.
Bids and Tenders Management
- Supervise the tendering process and provide feedback with respect to the evaluation of suppliers suitable for the job to the Project Services Manager
- Ensure that procurement documents (Tender documents, enquiries, call of contracts for supply of materials and purchase orders, etc) are up to date to minimize the possibility for agreement variations and disputes.
- Identifying risks and potential liabilities as part of tender review process, including drafting commercial clarifications
Supplier Evaluations and Relations
- Maintain productive relationships with key suppliers and follow up with them on issues escalated by internal teams in order to ensure timely order receipt and complaint resolution.
- Evaluate the suppliers on their performance on the assignments and orders taken up with KE to inform the CPL Department to update the preferred vendor list and maintain relationships with the preferred vendors, while taking the consequent follow up actions with the unsatisfactory service providers
Resolve or escalate major disputes with key suppliers and other external parties on complaints raised internally to the CPL Department to resolve matters related to procurement and payment terms.
Support negotiations with bidders and vendors and provide consultation to the CPL Department in effective negotiation procedures to ensure scoring and achieving cost-effective contracts and high-quality services.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
Contribute to the development and implementation of the CPL department policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement, to support an efficient and effective operation.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Ensure preparation of reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet the Project Services departmental requirements, policies and standards.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Material Management or Engineering
- Certification in International Trade and Law, preferred
- Over 20 years’ working experience in related works, 10 years in oil field projects, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq.
- Contracting and Procurement Support experience of oilfield projects in:
- Umbrella contract and Purchase Orders for equipment and materials procurement
- Wells tie-in umbrella contract and Service Orders
- Lump sum EPC projects contracts
- General Engineering Services (GES) contract
- Project Management Consultancy (PMC) Services