MSELECT is looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidate must have a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience and fluency in English is a must.
Contract and Procurement · Erbil Governorate, Iraq · C&P03 · Full-time
This SCM Manager role will report to the Head of C&P. The purpose of this role is to provide effective leadership to the KRI SCM Operations team, including C&P and logistics and Materials Management.
- Lead the KRI SCM Operations team, including C&P and Logistics and Materials Management.
- Develop and strengthen the capability of the KRI SCM Operations team, through the progressive use of Personal Development Plans (PDP) and succession planning.
- Provide timely feedback and appraise the individual’s performance on an informal ongoing basis, and annually on a formal basis.
- Direct C&P in delivering value to the business and mitigation of risk through the contracting and procurement lifecycle including effective planning, sourcing and contract management.
- Lead Logistics and Material Management in strategic delivery of safe, efficient and effective services to the business.
- Assure compliance across the BU in adherence to Company KRI procedures, JVA, PSC and Local and International Law, and support all internal and external business audit requirements.
- Deliver effective supplier performance management.
- Continuously monitor SCM performance against agreed KPIs.
- Identify and develop opportunities to encourage the use of local suppliers for
- Manage the development of supply chain strategies to meet business requirements which maximize and protect value.
- Actively seek opportunities to drive cost reduction and savings in all aspects of company spend goods and services.
- Provide clear, coherent and effective supply chain management processes from requisition through to contract close out.
- Significant proven oil and gas contracting experience of more than 15 years.
- Formulation and negotiation experience of a cross section of complex contracts and specifically in EPC project context.
- Substantive exposure to all disciplines within the supply chain –experience should include knowledge of Contracting & Procurement, Materials Management and Operational Logistics (Transportation & Warehousing).
- Complete understanding of legal and commercial issues.
- International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment.
The following academic qualifications are advantageous:
- Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject.
- CIPS / RICS professional certification.
- Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
- Handling of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good analytical skills.
- English language (both written and spoken) and numeracy skills are essential.
- High level of competency with the Microsoft suite of applications
Internal & External Interaction
- Internally the candidate will be expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions whether in London, Ankara or at any Company locations in the KRI.
- External interaction with Government and Regulatory authorities as well as suppliers and contractors
- Works independently with a minimal level of supervision and knows when to seek support.
- Active contributor to the decision-making process, able to deliver against agreed actions when decisions are made.
- Treats others with respect and acts with integrity.
- Engages with and contributes to the local community
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process