MSELECT is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 4 years of experience in the same role. Arabic and English fluency is a must.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring completion of all electrical aspects of minor new-works projects, planned preventative, reactive maintenance and electrical repairs as directed. Working as part of a small team of skilled engineers, the electrical engineer will be required to use judgement and experience to ensure all electrical tasks are completed to a high standard with regards to; quality assurance, compliance and safety. The technical team engineers are also responsible for the day to day supervision of contractor works, operational maintenance and availability of infrastructure facilities and life support services. The Engineer will be required to visit sites throughout the Field as part of his duties.
- Ensuring infrastructure is maintained
- Installation of new parts to existing systems is compliant
- Carrying out quality inspections and electrical testing of new installations and completed contractor work sites
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Identifying and diagnosis of electrical faults on site or arranging for replacement machinery or equipment to be installed by contractors or on-site electricians
- Keeping managers informed of progress and issues with electrical projects, maintenance and planned works
- Being available on a rotational basis to provide 24-hour maintenance cover if required by the technical facilities manager, in exceptional circumstances
- Being capable and competent to plan and design minor modifications to electrical installations in accordance with maintenance instructions and UK IEE electrical regulations
- Responsibility for completing all works in accordance with a safe system of works involving electrical isolations, locking off equipment and proving dead
- Inspect and test completed contractor works prior to handover to ensure quality of workmanship and compliance to specification and electrical regulations
- Advising departments and contractors with regards to best international practice, compliance with regulations, methods of works and equipment suitability
- Specifying, identifying, and ordering electrical material and parts to maintain business continuity
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the same role
- English and Arabic fluency is a must
- Candidates must have formal qualifications and experience in electrical design, repair and maintenance
- Computer literate and able to use MS Word, Excel, Planner and Outlook well
- Able to use and complete basic drawings using MS Visio or ACAD
- Good project-management and technical works skills
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and principles
- Good problem-solving skills
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- The ability and confidence to enforce and maintain a high standard of health and safety legislation
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- Healthy and active
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Experience and knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations
- Self-motivated and keen to succeed with an ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Experience in managing and supervising a team of technicians
- Methodical problem solver who can motivate others to work as a team and produce results
Required Competencies and Knowledge
- UK IEE Electrical regulations, safe and best practices
- Health and safety regulations
- Low voltage diesel power generation and distribution systems.
- Low voltage control panels and circuit breakers.
- High voltage power distribution and generation systems
- Pump & Air conditioning control systems.
- Small power, street, flood and lighting circuits.
- Public address systems, addressable fire alarm and fire detection systems.
- Electrical fault finding and diagnosis.
- Competent in advanced electrical fault finding.
- Understanding of the repair and maintenance of building services and plant.
- Electrical design and calculations including cable sizing, electrical loads, sizing and suitability of equipment for installation.
- Contractor management, supervision of site works, UK health and safety regulations
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.