MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations Coordinator for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 3 years of experience with hydrocarbon operations in a coaching or mentoring role. Arabic and English fluency is a must.
- The purpose of the OPS Coordinator position is to support and assist the OA to develop Operational Organizational Capability through daily coaching and mentoring of key Shift Team personnel in core operations activities. A measure of success in the role is what the OPS Coordinator has enabled others to do well.
- OPS Coordinators shall continue retaining the CoW and WorkSafe duties as per their previous roles by being the main contact for the Station Teams for the implementation of the company CoW and WorkSafe systems.
- OPS Coordinators are allocated one, or sometimes two (in close proximity) Degassing Stations (DS's) as their areas of responsibility. Allocated degassing stations are not routinely changed, enabling strong, trusting relationships to be developed between the OPS Coordinator, OA and the Shift Teams. Development of effective working relationships is a fundamental requirement of the OPS Coordinator role.
- The position is field based, and the OPS Coordinator will visit his DS's every day during his working cycle. The majority of each day is spent in the field. Field activities are broadly split into operations core deliverables, and ensuring the safe expedition of a wide range of site-specific activities.
- Responsible for assisting, coaching & mentoring of Shift Teams and Contractor Performing Authorities involved in the execution of controlled work activities, ensuring compliance with CoW & HSE processes and procedures
- Providing clarity on Work Planning, and on required Hazards and Controls to ensure increased HITRA quality, and safe and efficient work control and management
- Responsible for on the job training and coaching of staff to ensure competence in all aspects of CoW and WorkSafe system
- Responsible for interventions should personnel not demonstrate adequate competence in respect to CoW and HSE
- Responsible for ensuring the relevant training materials are made available and used within their sphere of accountability
- Assisting and supporting the OA with coaching and field-based leadership on back to basics e.g. LO/LC, procedures, routines, CoW, operating within safe operating envelope
- Assisting and supporting the OA with the implementation of day to day priorities across maintenance and operations; facilitating activities on an as required basis
- Assisting and supporting the OA with the implementation of monthly operational deliverables
- Assisting and supporting the OA in defining and implementing TAR isolations and prep procedures, including CoW implementation
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the OA, the shift teams and contractors with all issues relating to WorkSafe and CoW, and ensuring understanding and application consistency
- Responsible for conducting Permit/HITRA Audits as agreed with the CoW Team
- Assisting the OA with Operations Project planning and preparation activities
- Assisting and supporting the OA with the day to day management of product quality, carrying out investigations & implementation of interventions
- Assisting and supporting the OA by providing detailed information of equipment, construction and installation including CoW, assisting with the development of procedures for commissioning and operations and operator training support etc.
- Responsible for assisting the OA and the Site Engineer to conduct the mandatory Daily CoW Planning Meeting
- Assisting the OA with Operations Training & Field Based Assessments e.g. AIP(Energy Isolation Training), Process Modules Trainings
- Assist the OA with operational discipline development of key Shift Team personnel
- University Graduates preferred, but not essential
- Min 2-3 years hydrocarbon operations in a culturally diverse working environment, preferably in a coaching and mentoring capacity with national staff reports
- Arabic & English language skills (written and spoken)
- Interpersonal communication skills are critically important to the OPS Coordinator position, and should be demonstrably very good
- Exposure to a wide range of hydrocarbons operations experience
- Experience of coaching and mentoring roles in culturally and linguistically diverse working environments
- Capable of working autonomously, and organizing time and resource to achieve work deliverables to defined standards
- Middle Eastern cultural awareness
- Personal behaviors and work ethic that leads by example
- Good broad range of relevant HSE knowledge and skills
- Good In-depth knowledge of Control of Work systems and associated procedures
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.