MSELECT is looking to hire a Local Buyer for an industrial and distribution group in Baghdad, candidate must have at least 4 years of relevant experience. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
This role is tasked to effectively purchase locally available materials/spare parts, and consumables that meet with the current and future requirements of Maintenance Factory and associated departments To cope up with the placement of orders and to meet with the requirement and extend support for the achievement of Local purchase objectives He is also responsible for small equipments source vendors locally and negotiates pricing, ensures prompt delivery and confers with accounts payable to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner.
This can be attained by sustained material deliveries in the plant as and when required in a time bound scheduling and follow up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Source vendors locally
Reviews order requests for completeness in accordance with established guidelines, works closely with the Maintenance Team to complete order requests, resolves order requests issues, and ensures that orders are received and reviewed within the parameter
Placement of orders and co-ordination
- Issues purchase requests / orders with vendors for competitive quotations and submit to the concerned requestor for evaluation Ensure goods are delivered using the correct mode of transportation on time based on Maintenance / Engineering Departments or associated departments requests Co-ordination with the concerned departments for technical review if any
- Generate Purchase Orders for qualified order requests, utilizes correct order templates/tool sets and ensures that orders are generated accurately
- Reviews executed orders for completeness, identify order errors, co-ordinates resolution of order issues/error with customer and/or order requestor etc.
- Checking legal conditions of the orders
- Co-ordinate purchase orders for the concerned signatories and issue them contract/placement copy
- Analyze/Compares cost and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials Review bids commercially for prices, break-ups options, and delivery terms
- Provide reports on purchasing activity and commitment
- Monitors supplier’s compliance to required delivery completion requirement
- Keep all contract documents in good manner, proper files, audit requirements and remedy actions
- Assist in setting up vendor meetings and negotiations
- Participate in vendor / clients monthly progress meetings if any, take notes and action with Maintenance Planner / Scheduler or Engineering / Maintenance Manager
- During progress of orders, track amendment matters, negotiate and resolve Issue PO amendment and distribute
- Monitor order progress, tracks outstanding orders, follow-up on orders, resolve customer order issues and obtain executed order or cancels orders as appropriate
Introduce new suppliers to the company and discusses with them on business terms and conditions
Decision Making Authority:
- Strong background in buying principals and supply management / Cost optimization
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, results-orientation and high ethical standards and negotiation, decision making, and interpersonal relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree / or Equivalent Higher Diploma
- 4 Year to 6 Years Max
- Knowledge in computer
- Excellent skills in communication in English and Arabic
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process