MSELECT is hiring a Well Intervention Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have a minimum 15 years of relevant experience and fluency in English is a must.
The Well intervention Supervisor has overall wellsite responsibility for the supervision of all rigless operations. Health, safety, environment and security are core values of the company and the Well Intervention Supervisor will be responsible and accountable for leading operations in a safe and environmentally sound manner as well as setting the tone for operational excellence in Kurdistan operations.
• Leader of the rigless team with overall responsibility for conducting well operations in a safe and efficient manner
• Ensures compliance with company policies and standards
• Leads safety meetings and service company pre-job safety meetings to ensure good communication at all times
• Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach
• Performs daily HSSE / contractor equipment inspections
• Implements the application of the Permit-To-Work System at the rigless site
• Assures the issuing and dissemination among the rigless site personnel of all Emergency Response Plans to handle unscheduled events
• Conducts Safety Drills related to well control and other potential hazards involved in well operations
• Participates in HSE and non-conformance event investigations and reporting as required Focal point on location for emergency response
Planning and Operations
• Supervise CT shifting SSDs, MPLT, PLT, Workover, shut offs/zonal isolation, ESP Installation, PCP pump installation, Milling, Perforations, and Completions, Wellbore Cleanout, Cased Hole Fishing, and Well Integrity repair/intervention.
• Mentoring of local and junior staff engineers.
• Liaise with Service Providers and Contractors
• Conduct QA/QC on Equipment on site
• Conduct on the job reviews with service companies and contractors to improvement performance.
• Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus implementing optimization and efficiency opportunities
• Input for Quarterly Contractor Performance Reviews
• Coordinates WS operations with contractors on site to ensure compliance with the approved well programs in line with company procedures.
• Work and help develop well work operations wellsite guidelines for the service hands. Ensures that these guidelines are implemented and followed.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 15 years’ experience, including workovers and well intervention operations at supervisory level.
• Preferably have a qualification degree in Petroleum Engineering or a relevant discipline.
• MENA Land experience preferred
• Fluent in English
PC literate. Experience with Peleton Wellview software preferred
• A valid Level 4 Supervisor IWCF Certificate
• Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations
• Must be able to work with a team, take directions from WS Superintendent(s), and focus attention to details.
• Must be self-motivated and capable of working with limited direct supervision.
• Must be capable of completing and tracking multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have a track record of recent experience as a Well Intervention Supervisor.
• Must have good understanding of best industry practice on supervising of well integrity during completions, workover and rigless operations.
• Fully Competent in:
- Well Interventions incl. Coiled Tubing and Slickline operations o ESP and PCP pumps incl. running / pulling operations
- Fishing cased hole
- Swelling packer knowledge
- Completion running operations
- Wellsite supervision during testing operations
• Strong HSE leadership. Demonstrates commitment to HSSE policy and statement and knows and understands expectations as detailed in the HSSE Management System
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Can work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams.
• Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving.
• Provide support to WS Superintendent when required on technical matters.
• Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment.
• Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives.
• Demonstrates a high capacity for leading others.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process