MSELECT is looking to hire a Workover Supervisor to work with an international oil operator in Kurdistan, minimum 20 years of experience in Workover and Well Interventions with a minimum of 10 years as lead supervisor, fluency in English is a must, the rotation is 28/28.
- Leader of the wellsite team with overall responsibility for conducting well operations in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensures compliance with company policies and standards
- Leads safety meetings and service company pre-job safety meetings to ensure good communication at all times
- Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach
- Performs daily HSSE / contractor equipment inspections
- Implements the application of the Permit-To-Work System at the rig site
- Assures the issuing and dissemination among the rig site personnel of all Emergency Response Plans to handle unscheduled events
- Conducts Safety Drills related to well control and other potential hazards involved in well operations
- Participates in HSE and non-conformance event investigations and reporting as required
- Focal point on location for emergency response
Planning and Operations
- Coordinates well operations with Rig Team, Well Services specialists and Service Companies to ensure compliance with work programs, Norsok standards and company procedures.
- Attends Daily planning meeting with Rig Contractor and Service Company Supervisors.
- Issues Written Instructions to Drillers for each tour based on workover program highlighting potential risks.
- Prepares detailed procedures for specific well operations
- Performs wellsite calculations e.g. cement jobs
- Ensures well control event preparedness
- Attends the rig floor to supervise critical activities
- Verifies adherence to instructions and procedures.
- Organizes pre-job meeting (Operations and safety).
- Maintains Lookahead planner to anticipate resource requirements to meet well demands and provide optimum efficiency of services including contingency plans.
- Responsible for checking equipment on site to ensure readiness. (QA/QC)
- Updates log book. Ensures adequate handover to his relief.
- Prepares/approves accurate Daily Workover Report with input from rig contractor and service company personnel in a timely manner
- Prepares/approves other reports as required
- Prepares/approves daily cost estimate
- Documents within 24 hours any failure or incident report
- Discusses program changes with project team being proactive in improvement suggestions
Training and Development
- Mentors junior staff at the wellsite
- Other drills e.g. emergency response as required
- Mentors WS operators, WS Engineers and junior staff at the wellsite
- Assesses preparedness for well control events by conducting regular drills
- Regular H2S drills to ensure all personnel on location are aware of their roles and responsibilities
- Minimum 20 years of experience in Workover and Well Interventions with a minimum of 10 years as lead supervisor.
- MENA Land experience preferred
- Experience working with mobile workover rigs and pulling units
- Fully experienced in, ESP and PCP pump operations and cased hole fishing operations
- Fluent in English. PC literate. Experience with Peleton Wellview software preferred
- A valid Level 4 Supervisor IWCF Certificate
- Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations
- Demonstrates commitment to HSSE policy and statement and knows and understands expectations as detailed in the HSSE Management System
- Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills e.g. operational reporting, high visibility, working relationships
- Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving
- Applies sound judgement in decision making – communicates with the WI Superintendent in relation to unplanned/non-routine activities
- Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment
- Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in leading others
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.