MSELECT is looking to hire an I&C Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum 10 years of relevant I&C experience within the oil and gas industry. English fluency is a must.
- The I&C Engineer shall be responsible for the design and production of I&C layout drawings, general arrangement drawings, 3D Model and construction drawings, MTO’s for I&C works.
- Produce drawings and information in response to requests from the Project Manager.
- Provide on-site support during construction, testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover activities.
- Be accountable for the overall co-ordination of all I&C engineering in accordance with the approved development plans and the corporate design and HSSE standards.
- Interpret instructions from the Project Manager and Engineers
- Interpret Basis of Design documents and P&ID’s
- Interpret specifications
- Conduct Site surveys
- Initiate, develop, produce and manage Instrumentation & Control Engineering Deliverables including but not necessarily limited to: Instrument Datasheets, F&G Datasheets, Cause & Effect Matrix, Instrument Cable Block Diagrams, Instrument Cable Schedules, Instrument Index, IO Lists, PLC Power & Internal Wiring drgs, Instrument Hook-up drgs, Instrument Loop Diagrams, Interconnection drgs, IO Module Wiring Diagrams, Panel & JB Termination drgs, Instrument MTOs etc. for review by client Engineering Lead
- Initiate, develop, produce and manage Electrical Engineering Deliverables including but not necessarily limited to Electrical Data Sheets, Hazardous Area Classification drgs, Single Line Diagrams, Cable Block Diagrams, Cable Routing Layouts, Earthing Layouts, Lighting Layouts, Electrical Power Layouts, Lighting & Small Power DB schedules, Electrical MTOs, Lighting & Small Power Layouts, Equipment Layouts etc. for review by client Engineering Lead
- Knowledge of process control and safety system philosophy and the different objectives of each system I&C procedures
- Direct CAD operator / designer and Construction Contractor’s activities with respect to I&C engineering.
- Produce and review drawings using AutoCAD and CADworks
- Make site measurements, including clash checking for new works in the Brownfield sites
- Explain drawings to construction teams and engineers to gain feedback
- Review completed construction drawings from third parties for accuracy and conformity to client standards
- Produce scopes of work and cost estimates for small to medium size projects
- Prepare, review and approve internal (I&C) technical procedures and scope changes
- Coordination with other client project discipline engineering team members and other internal stakeholders
- Monitor process engineering progress and ensure necessary information flow between disciplines to meet project milestones
- Contribute and provide process engineering project status reports
- Provide on-site support during construction, testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover activities including working with Process Engineers and Systems Engineers
- Knowledge of PLC programming / HMI interfaces / System Architecture is desirable
- Support effective handover and closure of projects and contracts
- Mentoring of National I&C Designers and CAD Operators
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BSc (or Equivalent) in Instrumentation or Controls Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in capital expenditure (capex) projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry
- Ideally ATEX of Compex certified.
- Fluent in English
- Experienced in AutoCAD
- Experienced in 3D modeling
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems
- Ideally sufficiently competent in both instrument/control and electrical to cover both fields of expertise
- Experience of both North American and European/International Codes and standards. There is a combination of 50Hz & 60Hz equipment & systems.
- Both E&P Operator experience and EPC contractor experience preferred
- Must be physical fit, the job involves considerable site work at times in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and internationally accepted standards
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting
- Perform drawing and technology research
- Coordinate with engineers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.