MSELECT is hiring a Well Services Senior Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and fluency in English is a must.
POSITION OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE
The Well Services Senior Engineer is responsible for all producing, non-producing and abundant wells. He must ensure that all wells are producing safely & the non-producing wells and abundant wells are secured.
The Well Services Senior Engineer is mainly in charge of 1st line maintenance in fields units, flow lines, valves, surface connections etc.; he is responsible for installing new flow lines and all surface connections to bring new producers on stream; In addition, he conducts well head preventive maintenance and troubleshooting as deemed necessary.
The Well Services Senior Engineer is also responsible for keeping well head history records, greasing and change lube schedule and report daily about findings.
- Has overall responsibility in the field’s operations side and maintenance of all wells at the industry acceptable levels
- Responsible to maintain all producers in operation at the utmost efficiency.
- Conduct routine maintenance on all surface units as well as troubleshooting any problem arises.
- Repair flow lines leaks, surface connections valves also manifold valves, eliminate oil spills.
- Replace the defective/ damaged part such as but not limited to replace staffing box packing, torn out motor belts, adjust stroke length, replace sheaves as per instructions.
- Makes new flow line and establish new connection, crossover to tie-in new wells to the gathering plant
- Reduce the unplanned downtime in order to maximize production.
- Stimulate wells, vent and lubricate annulus as appropriate.
- Monitor all WH pressures including annulus pressures
- Patrol fields/ concessions under responsibility daily to ensure the integrity of all oil wells.
- Comply with company safety procedures; ensure that all non-routine jobs are covered with a valid permit to work.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/AREAS
- Smooth operations in the field/ concessions and timely on-going maintenance of all wells under responsibility to be sustained at the industry acceptable levels
- All Producers in operations are at the utmost efficiency.
- On time replacement of Defective/ damaged parts (e.g. staffing box packing, torn out motor belts, adjust stroke length, replace sheaves)
- Timely reporting & trouble shooting of issues as they arise
- Zero to Minimum unplanned downtime in order to maximize production.
- Proper and on time Stimulation of wells, vent and lubricate annulus
- Stability of all WH pressures including annulus pressures
- Full compliance with company HSESR policy, procedures and regulations ensuring that all non-routine jobs are covered with a valid permit to work.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Technical Diploma
Required Technical Competencies
- Any computer program required for the job
- Basic Command of English.
- Possess hand craft, in using hand tools and as a pipe fitter, preferably welding too.
- Strong experience in artificial lifting mainly suckers rod pumps.
- Working in hazardous area and handling h2s and Breathing apparatus usage.
- Strong Knowledge about pipe standard fitting and ASTM/API classifications.
- Completed First Aid and firefighting trainings
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Requirements
Required Generic Competencies (Behavioral)
Communication Skills – Basic
- Writes and speaks clearly, accurately and effectively.
- Listens well to others.
- Able to deal effectively with people from different backgrounds.
Technical Mastery – Advanced
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skills in current job.
- Applies knowledge, skills and practical experience to achieve business results, overcome problems and resolve challenging issues.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills – Basic
- Able to deal with complex issues.
- Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem.
- Identify solutions.
- Take Action and evaluate Results.
Priority Setting – Advanced
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Able to determine project urgency in a practical way
- Uses goals to guide actions.
- Creates detailed action plans
- Organizes resources and schedules tasks effectively to implement tasks and meet deadlines.
Teamwork/ Collaboration – Advanced
- Works effectively with others to get a job done.
- Able to establish strong relationship with others which facilitates discussion before decision-making process is complete.
Reliability – Advanced
- Takes responsibility and consistently completes work successfully on time.
- Is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work.
- Keeps commitments.
Initiative – Basic
- Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions.
- Makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance.
- Undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in similar position
ANY OTHER POSITION CONSIDERATIONS
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask and to tight deadlines
- Conducts all aspects of work in a highly professional manner
- Lateral thinking, client service mentality and ‘can do’ attitude
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- All KEC departments
- Different company sites
KEY EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process