MSELECT is looking to hire a Project Engineer for a major industrial and distribution group in Baghdad, candidate must have at least 7 years of experience in relevant projects management. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Supervising all activities of construction and increasing capacity projects, in addition to new machinery and mechanical systems through planning and monitoring daily activities, as well as the sourcing of equipment and material.
Monitoring the project’s critical path and handling any obstacles efficiently and within reasonable time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and monitoring daily activities within any projects that are being carried out and managing the equipment and tools required.
- Engineering supervision on undergoing projects in terms of quality, delivery time and contractual obligations from the contractors and ensuring compliance to the set project plans.
- Solving any technical problems related to the projects with the engineering/ contracting companies and dealing with any potential shortages with material and/or equipment. Reporting such issues/ discrepancies as required.
- Being present at the site where the work is being carried and ensuring all is within the planned projects time and delivery schedule efficiently and effectively.
- Participating in determining the staffing requirements in terms of technical needs, as well as conducting studies on costs and time required for new initiatives.
- Coordinating with the technical department in requesting technical personnel related to installing new machinery or production lines according to the requirements for the development or expansion projects.
- Studying and analyzing contracts with suppliers and ensuring that all are performing as per the contractual agreements.
- Conducting meetings with suppliers and service providers to discuss technical schedules and the procedures to be followed.
- Developing reports that would indicate the status of the projects against their initial plans and also the utilization of the equipment and personnel, as well as the quality of work being performed.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in civil/ mechanical Engineering or any related field.
- 7 years of experience in relevant projects’ management.
Competencies & KPIs:
- Project management.
- Quality knowledge.
- Safety knowledge.
- Production lines knowledge.
- Project plans.
- Timely execution.
- Project budget.
- F&B factories.
- Engineering projects.
- Managerial skills.
- Decision making.
- Resource utilization.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process