MSELECT is looking to hire a Sales Executive for a shipping services client in Baghdad. Candidates must have at least 1 year experience directly related to freight forwarding, shipping or logistics in similar position. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and, or market segment by effectively selling the Company’s services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts, clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote, sell, secure job orders from prospective clients through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrate services to potential clients and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with prospective clients in the assigned territory, market segment to generate new business for the Company’s services.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to prospective clients.
- Research sources for developing prospective clients and for information to determine their potential.
- Follow up in developing clear and effective written proposals, quotations for prospective clients in coordination with the logistics, operations department.
- Expedite the resolution of the new clients’ problems and complaints.
- Analyze the territory, market’s potential and determine the value of prospective client’s value to the Company.
- Create and manage a Client Value Plan for potential clients highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identify advantages and compare Company’s services.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory, segment.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on client’s needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of services applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct supervisor
- Minimum of Diploma of formal schooling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration is preferable.
- Min 1-2 years of experience directly related to freight forwarding, shipping or logistics in similar position.
- Communication & Client Service.
- Office Telephone Handling.
- Persuasion Skills.
- Sales Techniques.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine solutions for clients (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient command of English (Speaking & Writing).
- Strong computer skills required, including full proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.