MSELECT is looking on behalf of an international consultancy client in Basrah an On Site Resource candidate to provide compliant immigration advice, knowledge or strategy to the client and coordinates end to end immigration processes for the client corporate client base as 2 years of experience are requested, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The On-site resource provides compliant immigration advice, knowledge or strategy to the client and coordinates end to end immigration processes for the client corporate client base. The On-site resource functionally monitors internal staff, teams, and workload requirements to meet expectations, deadlines, and financial targets. This role includes high volume, multi-tasking, multi-priority management of client case processing. Activities include confidential and or sensitive advisement on immigration strategic analysis and options. Oversee other administrative staff for daily task allocation, process monitoring and case reporting updates. The role requires reporting, communications and strict adherence to client agreements
- Execute Iraq inbound casework including compliance and eligibility assessments, clear process and requirements guidance, and handholding assignees through the immigration process within multiple jurisdictions and/or worksite locations.
- At all times proactively perform work activities for the client as a professional business advisor; provide exceptional professional guidance and dedicated care to their employees in the Iraq.
- Communicate effectively the progress of the immigration process with relevant client contacts including document collection, filing of applications, and anticipated finalisation dates, ensuring that communications are technically accurate, and written communications follow the standard layouts and templates.
- Identify key issues that may impact immigration formalities such as travel plans to ensure the client is updated on the status of each application and anticipated issues or timelines. Identify key issues that may impact immigration approvals or successful security clearance.
- Update the firm’s case management system and maintain client files as per agreed practice protocols and SLAs.
- Strategic planning, organizing and executing workload.
- Respond to pre-instruction enquiries relating to countries and liaise with partner firm as required to provide compliance assessments.
- Prepare, plan and with proactive measures seek to minimize potential issues to the client or assignee that would lead to escalations or delays in meeting our SLA requirements. Escalate potential client issues to the Director/Manager and participate in the resolution of these issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key client contacts, and contact them in a timely manner to provide and/or obtain information meeting SLA requirements.
- Research and draft country processes and procedures. Update clients on any in-country legislative or process changes.
- Assist in compiling metrics/reports as required under contractual agreement with respective clients. Review expiry date reports and/or reminders and take the appropriate action as required.
- Contribute to content and maintain veracity of proprietary material in the firm’s knowledge database.
- Assist Finance and Administrative support with client invoicing upon case completion.
- Coach and develop junior staff; including the preparation of training materials for knowledge development.
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business, or equivalent and minimum of two years progressive experience in the position offered. Will accept suitable combination of education and experience in lieu of this requirement.
Background Knowledge and Experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Competent in drafting legal advice and compliance assessments.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Access, or similar software.
- Operationally aware is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- High degree of focus on Quality.
- Able to work in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to be self-managed and proactively seek out work.
*Only applicants that meet the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.