MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Well Intervention Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum 15 years experience, including completions, workovers and well intervention operations as an engineering level whereas at least substantial amount spent as supervisor level, English fluency is a must.
The successful candidate will provide engineering experience, expertise and well history check to WS Department to ensure the delivery of safe, effective Completion, Workover and Well Intervention solutions for the Iraq field development plan as per company standards. Health, Safety, Environment and security are core values at company and are taken incredibly seriously.
The Senior Completions, Workover and Well Intervention Engineer will be responsible and accountable for preparation of completions, workover and well intervention programs in a fit for purpose manner and setting the tone for operational excellence in company operations. He / She oversees the planning, programming and finalizing of all WS related operational programs and provides technical and engineering support to WS Operations Team. He / She liaises with Service Providers and Contractors with regards to inventory and equipment needs aligned with short- and long-term WS Workover Rig/Well scheduling and planning. Office-based environment and occasional trips to the fields in Kurdistan. If requires, He/ She may be asked to cover some jobs such as Pre-workover or standalone Rigless operations in rigless mode and / or at workover rig at expediency of the company.
- Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the feasibility analysis function to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and standards
- Identifies high risk situations, prepare risk analysis, and adopts risk mitigation approach to the program and discuss with COMPANY WS Team.
- Participates in HSE and non-conformance event investigations and reporting as required.
Planning and Operations
- Provide engineering experience, expertise and leadership to WS Department.
- Prepare required AFEs of WS activities.
- QA/QC and contribution to ensure highest standard provision of Workover/Completion/Well Intervention Programs generated by WS Engineering Team.
- Witnesses completion modules make ups in Service Company workshops and prepares module datasheets.
- QA/QC of all pre-job technical calculations within Programs.
- Daily engineering and troubleshooting support to WS and WI Superintendents for Workover / Completions / Well Intervention Operations including but not limited to CT shifting SSDs, Workover, Shut-offs/zonal isolation, ESP Installation, PCP pump installation, Milling, Perforations, and Completions, Wellbore Cleanout, Cased Hole Fishing, and Well Integrity repair/intervention.
- Training and mentoring of local and junior staff engineers.
- Liaise with Service Providers and Contractors with regards to inventory and equipment needs aligned with short- and long-term Rig/Well scheduling and planning
- Prepare, conduct and represent Workover Engineering at multi-disciplined CWOP and pre-spud meetings.
- Conduct QA/QC of EOWR and other technical reports as required.
- Conduct engineering post-job reviews with Workover Rig contractors and Service Companies to define engineering and performance improvements.
- Provide technical and engineering support to Workover Operations site staff
- Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus implementing optimization and efficiency opportunities
- Participate in Quarterly Contractor Performance Reviews
- Support WS Team in developing and managing technical training programs to cover all of the requirements of the WS Work functions.
- Manage the WS engineering trainees and their training program.
- Support WS Engineering Team to develop engineer trainee Personnel Development Plans (PDP).
- Support WS Engineering Team to ensure the capture of skills development, by ensuring that competency assessments are conducted, and accurate training records are kept.
- Work with the in-place training material and develop it further to be able to accurately appraise individual performance.
- Coordinates WS operations with contractors on site to ensure compliance with the approved well programs in line with Norsok standards and COMPANY procedures
- Daily communication with the WS Superintendent in town office.
- Discusses program changes with WS Superintendent, being proactive in improvement suggestions.
- Prepare the Management of Change (MOC) process when required and communicates the issue to the WS Superintendent.
Communicates with 3rd Party Service Companies
- Minimum 15 years’ experience, including completions, workovers and well intervention operations as an Engineering level whereas at least substantial amount spent as supervisor level.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to work with a team, take directions from WS Superintendent(s), and focus attention to details.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with limited direct supervision.
- Must be capable of completing and tracking multiple tasks simultaneously, and often under tight deadlines.
- Must have a track record of recent experience as a Workover, Completions and Well Intervention Engineer.
- Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations.
- He / She must have good understanding of best industry practice on engineering of well integrity during completions and workover operations.
- He / She must have a strong background and experience in well testing and well intervention operations, including ability to solve complex problems in an innovative and cost-effective manner.
- Preferably have a qualification degree in applied Physics, Petroleum Engineering or a similar technical or scientific discipline.
- Have twenty (15) or more years of workover, completions and well interventions experience, preferably in an operational capacity at the well site.
- Fluent in English. PC literate.
- Have experience integrating technical and business activities on multi-discipline projects, which include supervision of technical activities.
- Ability to work effectively with others. Strong HSE leadership.
- Good communication skills.
- Can work in a multi-national environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to HSSE policy and statement and knows and understands expectations as detailed in the HSSE Management System.
- Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams.
- Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving.
- Provide support to WS Superintendent when required on technical matters.
- Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment.
- Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in leading others.
- Workover operations
- Well Completions
- Well Interventions incl. Coiled Tubing and Slickline operations
- Well testing,
- Knowledge of PCP / ESP pumps incl. sucker rod running / pulling operations
- Fishing cased hole
- Swelling packer knowledge
- Completion running operations
- Well control
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.